Divinity: Original Sin II - Released in English Only

Really looking forward to playing this. I don't really get hyped for games anymore, but I'm really looking forward to this one. Big download. Almost 16 gigs, on top of whatever the Early Access was. Didn't actually play the Early Access, just installed it to verify it would run on my little laptop and it still has UI scaling.

Tomorrow, then. And it did get pretty quiet in this thread. Has to be a good sign.

Didn't actually play the Early Access, just installed it to verify it would run on my little laptop and it still has UI scaling.
Fired it up briefly for similar reasons, was curious how it was going to look in 4K and if the UI scaling was reasonable in 4K... (Answers: fucking amazing, and yep)

Before I start it, gotta finish up T:ToN real quick...

Does she have pink hair like Charlene ?
I don't know, but Char is very much alive as far as I know and not undead, so any likeliness must be coincidental :)

The possibility to move the cam around so freely in an isometric game so beautiful is amazing by the way.

The possibility to move the cam around so freely in an isometric game so beautiful is amazing by the way.

My least favorite part of the game is actually how I constantly have to rotate the camera because things are always obscured from view from various angles. It makes me get lost very easily because I'm changing the direction that north is every 30 seconds. It also makes it very easy to miss things when I don't realize that I can't see something because of the camera angle.

Still I like everything else so far, so I can deal with that, as annoying as it is.

The character is a bad-ass Undead woman called The Watcher

Oh. I could imagine undead Myrthos after 1000 years of managing the Watch but if its female… I can hardly imagine Myrthos. :)

And why is there only one Watcher? No small garrison of Watchers in a castle?

My least favorite part of the game is actually how I constantly have to rotate the camera because things are always obscured from view from various angles. It makes me get lost very easily because I'm changing the direction that north is every 30 seconds. It also makes it very easy to miss things when I don't realize that I can't see something because of the camera angle.

Still I like everything else so far, so I can deal with that, as annoying as it is.
Yep, was thinking the same - I much preferred the fixed camera angle of D:OS1. Sure, in (later patches of?) D:OS1 you could free up the camera in the options if you wanted to, but you knew the game was designed with its default fixed camera angle in mind, so you could be confident you weren't missing anything, without having to spin the camera around constantly like a crackbaby.

re: camera angle. This is something that should be an easy fix. Just request it in the official forum, or maybe they will see this thread.

A fixed camera angle like they had in the first game should be a standard option.

That'd be easy enough to do, but you're missing the main point - if the game wasn't designed with a fixed camera angle in mind, and you use one, then you'll miss stuff that can't be seen from the wrong camera angle.

Perhaps they can enhance the highlighter option to show all points of interest in a screen. It should be in there as standard anyway. If the object/point of interest is not in the camera frame, maybe arrows could be used to show the direction of the items/objects.

I detest fixed camera angles.
A game designed specifically from a single angle is akin to being railroaded through content for me.

The "highlight world tooltips" or whatever (Left Alt) doesn't work if the object is behind a wall or something?

The "highlight world tooltips" or whatever (Left Alt) doesn't work if the object is behind a wall or something?

Left alt appears to highlight loose items, but not a container like a treasure chest. But even beyond that I've had NPCs and entire passages leading to new areas which were obscured by the camera angle.

Left alt appears to highlight loose items, but not a container like a treasure chest. But even beyond that I've had NPCs and entire passages leading to new areas which were obscured by the camera angle.

Passages - keep your eyes on minimap man.

Others said, no tooltip/highlight on containers, but also no tooltip on junk that's still worth selling for a few bucks (plates for example).

But I like this. Some chests, especially unreachable ones without teleport are obscured unless at proper angle(s) which makes exploration feeling worth my time!

Ok, I just fired up the game, and though you can press "home" to center the camera, it doesn't seem to always keep it centered.

But you can try to press "O" on your keyboard, that gives the tactical camera view, which is a straight overhead view, and that seems to broaden the field of view to a degree, so you will miss less things. I guess what I'm trying to say here is try pressing "O" when you want to make sure you aren't missing stuff in a screen, and see if that view helps.

Watched a couple of streams. UgoIgo is the format for streamers. It leaves all the time to speak, to give a show. A number of streamers also play MU, sometimes up to 4. There is zero need for coordination which suits streamers as teamwork would be demanding a basic set of skills streamers might not have.
Fights can take as much as ten minutes with streamers performing their show.

Excellent product for streamers.

So Chien, are you going to play this game yourself at some point or do you enjoy watching while other people are playing it? No judging here truly. I'm just curious.

Playing yourself is sooo 1990s. Nowadays everyone watches others play on YT and Twitch or Steam Broadcast or whatever the hell people are using the most :biggrin: .

My kids do this, and it makes no sense to me.

Stupid Dad: "You have this game. Why don't you just play it instead of watching someone else play it on YouTube?"

Omniscient Kids: *crickets and incredulous stares*

Back
Top Bottom