Battle Brothers - Free DLC Lindwurm

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A free DLC called Lindwurm will be available for Battle Brothers on October 19:

Dev Blog #98: The Lindwurm

What is this sorcery?! Why, it’s a dev blog about the upcoming free Lindwurm DLC for Battle Brothers, of course! We’ve been working on a small thank-you gift for all you passionate fans on the side, and this is it. You’re about to get to face an entirely new opponent, get new armor to wear and items to use, new loot to collect, and a new banner to hoist for your company. Let’s take a closer look!

The Lindwurm

In Germanic mythology, a Lindwurm is a wingless bipedal dragon resembling a large snake. It’s a large and fearsome creature, the adversary in many a legend, and it’s making its way into Battle Brothers. The wild and uncivilized parts of the world are about to become more dangerous, as you’ll soon find a Lindwurm or two roaming thereabout, making an old forest or hillside their territory and fiercely defending their hoard of treasure from any intruder.

In combat, the Lindwurm is the only opponent that occupies two tiles at once – one for the upper body, and one for the tail. While both are part of a single body, and thus share hitpoints, the Lindwurm can move them and attack with them separately. The Lindwurm’s mouth is armed with long and sharp teeth, which can easily tear a grown man in two. The tail is strong enough to slam against several men at once, stagger them or even knock them across the battlefield.

And if that wasn’t terrifying enough, a Lindwurm’s blood is also highly corrosive to many materials – including those used in armor. Whenever a Lindwurm takes hitpoint damage in melee, the attacker may be sprayed with their acidic blood, which will slowly eat away at any armor for several turns. Attacking with polearms and ranged weapons will prevent you from being sprayed with acid. On the other hand, a Lindwurm’s acidic blood can also be used to your advantage…

But wait, there’s more!

You’re about to get a new Lindwurm-themed set of named armor, helmet and shield, which come with the unique property of being unaffected by the highly corrosive Lindwurm blood. And then, of course, there’s a new Lindwurm-themed banner to choose for your mercenary campaign of fearless lizard hunters.

The acidic blood of a Lindwurm can be collected in flasks, which can then be thrown from the offhand in battle, shattering on impact and corroding over several turns the armor of anyone nearby that is unfortunate enough to be hit – useful against heavily armored opponents such as orcs or the later ancient dead.

When can I play it?

The Lindwurm DLC will be released on October 19th for free to every owner of Battle Brothers. It’s not necessary to start a new campaign in order for any of the additions to appear in your game.
More information.

Good that it's free. :thumbsup:

Put it on GoG already dammit

awesome, might yet return once more after playing DOS 2 and elex.

Is Battle Brothers more Tactical Strategy or does it have a strong RPG feel?

More tactical. You have skill trees for your Battle Brothers and take on quests/missions, but there is little to no role-play. You can decide with whom to side though and it is often possible to backstab during missions.

thanks. that's what I wanted to know.

I like strategy games but but sometimes they can be dry.

Put it on GoG already dammit

Battle Brothers has been on GOG for months. I did the first review there. Great news and I was getting ready to do another campaign. Will wait for this to be released first. Still my game of the year.

Battle Brothers has been on GOG for months. I did the first review there. Great news and I was getting ready to do another campaign. Will wait for this to be released first. Still my game of the year.

Wow I missed it. I had posted in the wishlist thread and EA feedback thread.
Totally missed it opening on GOG.
Well now I can buy it, just have to remember to click a RpgWatch referral link before I do.

Good excuse to play this again...whenever I finish OS2.

Usually, dlcs trigger a new wave in streaming. An opportunity to see if it works for BB.

I loved the game for its Massacry Battles. Also for the dogfights and super fun encounters descriptions, plus the choices you had in turning events and see the outcome.

Wonder if the GoG sales were decent? Maybe that's why they gave us a DLC when they said they were done with the game. Great to see them add to a wonderful game already.

Back
Top Bottom