Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 2017 GDC Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another video was released on the GDC Vault this time for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-38BH95ERn0
In this 2017 GDC talk, Eidos-Montreal's Clemence Maurer explains how the city of Prague was recreated in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to reward players for exploring its furtherst nooks and crannies.

Nothing groundbreaking as far as her explanations are concerned, but Mankind Divided does have very good exploration. I thought it was a significant improvement over Human Revolution in that aspect.

Everytime I think about starting Mankind Divided, I'm discouraged by the fact that I hear there will likely never be the last part in the trilogy. Fucking Square Enix. Another series they fucked up.

EDIT: @JDR13: I just read your input on finishing Mankind Divided. Hum. I'm intrigued.

Everytime I think about starting Mankind Divided, I'm discouraged by the fact that I hear there will likely never be the last part in the trilogy. Fucking Square Enix. Another series they fucked up.

EDIT: @JDR13: I just read your input on finishing Mankind Divided. Hum. I'm intrigued.

You definitely don't want to miss out on MD if you enjoy DE.

I'm not quite as big a fan of it as JDR - but it's a very, very good game overall.

Remember playing it just about after finishing Fallout IV...the difference in intelligence of design is staggering.
Everything has meaning, purpose and some ( logical) ties to world around it ( compared to Bethesda's Tour de Morons amusement ride).
The game has issues with storytelling/gameplay, but world/level design/exploration is some of best in genre.

Back
Top Bottom