The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Thanks, I'll think over that.
I have a random loot paralizing bow, I don't remember where I got that from, Could have been the Wheelon Expansion ( I always think that like "wheel on" ). I think the bow is level 16 or so.

Edit : Official statement regarding lag : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...ent-possible?p=6448234&viewfull=1#post6448234
So, if you see something really weird in the combat log, you could report it !

Last edited:
I've run AA's twice now to good effect. As Az said the paralyzing arrows are VERY effective, but I wouldn't even consider a hybrid build myself. Keep it PURE!! :)

Okay. Alrikadaram has been staying pure as far as I can remember.
I'll try out easy adventures witzh him first, to see how he plays.

Regarding the restless islands : There are 2 things I've found which are a "must-have" :
Blindness immunity and good support against poison !
There are many, MANY evil ogre mages there ! And spiders. And a few oozes.

Thanks, I'll think over that.
I have a random loot paralizing bow, I don't remember where I got that from, Could have been the Wheelon Expansion ( I always think that like "wheel on" ). I think the bow is level 16 or so.

Paralyzing Arrows are an enhancement in the Arcane Archer tree. The Paralyzing bows aren't that good after a certain point, as the DC on them is too low to land reliably. Basically, there's a range where they're effective, then they fall off quickly.

As far as blindness and poison goes, I find keeping a stack of Remove Blindness and Neutralize Poison potions on hand covers that nicely. Same for Remove Curse and Cure Disease, while having a stack of Lesser Restoration potions can knock off things like exhaustion and ray of enfeeblement.

Fitting into our current discussion :

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Commendations of Valor! Now through July 25th! Also, VIPs get +15% XP through August 1st!

Or did I mix something there ?

I'm so tired now, having come home from a very good museum with a very crappy railway connection ...

I will most likely be a little late tomorrow as I have to change location just about when the game begins, but I will get there just as quickly as I can!!

I will most likely be a little late tomorrow as I have to change location just about when the game begins, but I will get there just as quickly as I can!!
We have one quest left in Shavarath on the alts. We'll start with that and then swap over to the mains. That should buy you half an hour or so. Good good?

What do you think should I take from the Tapestry Collector ?

Status update:
Mains are all at 16 (take it if you haven't yet), will run Necro4 and Rage next, and will likely be on ice for a month or more (sorry).

Alts that have 20 (most) can take 20. I had no plan for that alt group beyond cap, so y'all are on your own for what to run. I know there's token farming to be done. Klubbir is likely to be stripped and mothballed as a way to test the hotel's internet- if I need a toon to jump into the alt group, I've got Wouldii at 22 and RhoGu at 20.

Good luck, boys and girls. Be nice to each other while I'm out.

Good luck, boys and girls. Be nice to each other while I'm out.

Thank you. :) We'll try. ;)

The usual is to pick up Minos Legens, which used to be one of the only Vitality items. It's still pretty decent with 100% Fortification and +20 Vitality.

Minos Legens doesn't have the +20 Vitality now.
There is an augment with that value available from the Tapestry trader.
I checked and I even updated the Augment page on the wiki to reflect that. (Someone had already done an own page for the augment alone.) https://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot/Purchasable_Augments There, under the last point : "Necropolis.
Means practically that one needs 20 shreds for that helmet alone, and 20 more for that augment now.
According to the Wiki, however, this augment should also drop in The Crucible ( Gianthold ).

Apart from this, I've undertaken it today to do the Restless Isles.
Oh, BEEEP, are these quests a chore !
And the underground tunnels ??? Who invented such a maze ???

So, my personal verdict is this : FOR YOUR ON' SANITY'S SAKE DO NOT TO MORE THAT 1 QUEST OF THAT PER DAY !

Even GETTING to the quest givers is such a chore if you do not know the way !
Getting lost is the normal state there (insert crazy grin here), at least for those who never did that before.

Afterwards, I've red the wiki's description of the raid. Who invents such a thing ???
Everything I read makes me instantly turn away from that raid and run away from it, manically crying.

No. I'll never do that again. The designers had good ideas, but went a few steps too far with that, imho. Only with a good drawn map like in ye olde RPG days one gets through it. I'm thankful the Wiki has a few. My mistake was problably to be so stubborn to want to try it out WITHOUT any map (insert facepalm here).

I'm done with it, it went so much on my nerves to have to find the way again after having lost the path and running around in circles several times. I'm so stupid sometimes.

Now you know why we as a group avoid that quest series!! :) Gathering 40 shreds is WAY easier than doing Crucible!!!! :)

I think I agree now. ;)

Everyone, just had a brief online chat with Wyrd; I'll give more details on Friday in game.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the most interesting thing of the current Summer Sails is the fact that store augments are discounted.

Finders Keepers!
Get 30% off:
Astral Shards
Sentient and Jeweler's Toolkits
Loot Boosts
Now through August 5th!

This is the final week of Summer Sails!
Now through August 5th get:
30% off Monster Manuals 1 - 7
50% off Dragonborn race
50% off ALL DDO Store Augments
75% off +8 Tome of Supreme Ability

Weekly Coupon
Free Medium Guild Renown Elixir
Coupon Code GUILDSPEED
Now through August 5th!

75% off a +8 tome is huge too. Almost enough to make me want to buy one for Mirys.

*EDIT*

It's 1475 points for a +8 Supreme tome, or less than a +1 Supreme. Since I was VIP anyway and not using points for anything, I went ahead and got a couple. Mirys got one, and I'll probably set up a rotation for the Friday/Alt groups so that I always have someone with the +8's going.

Last edited:
75% off a +8 tome is huge too. Almost enough to make me want to buy one for Mirys.

*EDIT*

It's 1475 points for a +8 Supreme tome, or less than a +1 Supreme. Since I was VIP anyway and not using points for anything, I went ahead and got a couple. Mirys got one, and I'll probably set up a rotation for the Friday/Alt groups so that I always have someone with the +8's going.
Mine was 1436pts. That matters because I had 1452pts left. :)

Definitely a very good deal. Too bad they aren't running double points right now. I would have stocked up just to pick up a tome for Shadohe.

They had just ran a double points sale a few weeks ago. I even thought about getting some, but I had like 6k left from the last time I bought any, and since I'm VIP now, nothing really to spend them on. Hindsight's always 20-20; I'd have bought enough to put all my "active" (as much as that counts) characters with a +8 Supreme had I known.

Back
Top Bottom