Kingmaker - Meet The Companions

Yeah couch, we all know you're just having a bit of fun with us. I took Dexters complaints more serious tho. :biggrin:

But I haven't played a lot of fantasy CRPGs that claimed to represent any kind of historical reality - which is really the only case where it would make sense to adhere to these things in a very strict way.

Kingdom Come is a good example. Some strange people complained about a lack of diversity there. Makes very little sense.

Yeah couch, we all know you're just having a bit of fun with us. I took Dexters complaints more serious tho. :biggrin:
See someone finally understands me.:tears:
Kingdom Come is a good example. Some strange people complained about a lack of diversity there. Makes very little sense.
Yeah that combined with the hate for Daniel Vávra, but man I love his replies on Twitter.

Yeah, I haven't really played it enough to comment on how realistic it is. It seems to be a decent history lesson - but I didn't find much "medieval" stuff in the game in terms of human interaction. The dialogue felt too modern, to my mind.

They did have a lot of trivial activity features in there, including having to bathe and such - but they sort of skirted some of the more politically upsetting issues with inequality between the genders, as far as I could tell.

That said, maybe it becomes clearer later on. I only played it for a few hours.

It's pathetic that leftist-feminist-sjw "diversity" agenda is being enforced even in medieval-setting computer games. After Dragon Age trilogy where about half(!) of male companions where homosexual, I decided I won't touch any such game again. This one is so damn "diverse" that makes me puke. With exception of TWO stereotyped gorgeous-looking female fighters and natural leaders. Ridiculous beyond words.

I'd rather replay Drakensang for the nth time.

Very nice irony in that.

Nothing as Medieval feminism is a real thing.^^

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protofeminism

I don't need to go into specifics as everyone knows modern feminism.

Though what might be wrong well we call it a political agenda, and given the current state of games today I'm not surprised. Just search Google and Youtube for examples.

Hint : Lysistrata. ;)
Written by a man ! ;)

I feel like it’s a lose lose situation for devs. Too many white males and their misogynistic, too much diversity or lgbtq and their sjw with a political agenda.

Funny thing is that I don’t ever even notice when I’m playing a game. Good thing I have the helpful internet to point it out for me.

Funny thing is that I don’t ever even notice when I’m playing a game. Good thing I have the helpful internet to point it out for me.

Hey, without the Internet, I would never have noticed how bad ME:Andromeda was - and I would have just been a fool and enjoyed it.

Oh, that's right - I enjoyed it before I actually realised how bad it was, because the Internet said so!

It's pathetic that leftist-feminist-sjw "diversity" agenda is being enforced even in medieval-setting computer games. After Dragon Age trilogy where about half(!) of male companions where homosexual, I decided I won't touch any such game again. This one is so damn "diverse" that makes me puke. With exception of TWO stereotyped gorgeous-looking female fighters and natural leaders. Ridiculous beyond words.

I'd rather replay Drakensang for the nth time.
You could just as easily argue that the two human males in this game are non-politically-correct, because it's hugely stereotypical that the black guy (ranger) looks like a big brute, and the white guy (cleric) has a more gentle intelligent appearance etc. I despise SJW in my games just as much as the next sane guy, but I honestly couldn't even tell which side of this you were on from your original post.

You could just as easily argue that the two human males in this game are non-politically-correct, because it's hugely stereotypical that the black guy (ranger) looks like a big brute, and the white guy (cleric) has a more gentle intelligent appearance etc. I despise SJW in my games just as much as the next sane guy, but I honestly couldn't even tell which side of this you were on from your original post.

I must be seeing different characters than you, because that's not how I would describe them at all especially the Ranger. Maybe you just think that every black guy looks like a big brute?

Yea I have to admit that the first hour i didn't like the game much but after a bit more I found it a lot of fun till 30 or so hours later it became a bit repetitive. It really wasn't that bad of a game.

Hey, without the Internet, I would never have noticed how bad ME:Andromeda was - and I would have just been a fool and enjoyed it.

Oh, that's right - I enjoyed it before I actually realised how bad it was, because the Internet said so!

Yea I have to admit that the first hour i didn't like the game much but after a bit more I found it a lot of fun till 30 or so hours later it became a bit repetitive. It really wasn't that bad of a game.

To be honest, I didn't even notice the "terrible" animations and subpar models before people made me aware of them. To be fair, they WERE very obviously inferior to other contemporary AAA games - after I started looking closer.

I was too busy admiring the better parts of the game, including some relatively pretty terrain and environments. I found the planets visually interesting and the structure of the game somewhat engaging. I even enjoyed some of the writing and found the gameplay and mechanics better than in any previous Mass Effect game.

That said, it did sort of peter out towards the end, and I got distracted after ~60 hours or so.

So, to me, the problem was more that it was too much filler, rather than some massive drop in quality.

I still think it's the best Mass Effect since the first one - and in terms of gameplay, it's better than all the others.

Yeah, I haven't really played it enough to comment on how realistic it is. It seems to be a decent history lesson -

It is so historically accurate characters are voiced over in the local language of the times and not in modern english, french or german etc

You could just as easily argue that the two human males in this game are non-politically-correct, because it's hugely stereotypical that the black guy (ranger) looks like a big brute, and the white guy (cleric) has a more gentle intelligent appearance etc.
You don't get it. So called African Americans are not to be ridiculed by leftist media, same as women, gays, trans, damn islam terrorists, etc. Straight white males, on the other hand, are their main target. "Straight white males are an inferior type of human who should know their place" -- they literally think that.

So, manly AA is ok, but a white guy, let's make him a gentle, girlish, bloodless wimp. The only kind of a straight white male they are willing to tolerate.

Wow this takes me back to the age of the cavemen where they beat women over the heads and drag them by the hair back to their lair. Have some real troglodytes around here. Guess that is why the men here dislike Valerie with short hair.

Wow this takes me back to the age of the cavemen where they beat women over the heads and drag them by the hair back to their lair.
Such "cavemen" are 20th century fantasy. It's strange that you're reminded of an age that never existed in the past, and not of medieval chivalry for example. Or not so strange if you're brainwashed consumer of modern mainstream media.

Funny that someone talks about knowing what is or is not a fantasy, while complaining about too much diversity, based on orc or gnome companions in a fantasy game.

On a totally unrelated note, are any lawyers present? Is killing an Orc a hate crime? What about the whole "stand your ground" thing. Is that valid in Golarion? What about Faerun? Just asking.

Summary execution for bad parking is permissible in Faerun. And in America.

Such "cavemen" are 20th century fantasy. It's strange that you're reminded of an age that never existed in the past, and not of medieval chivalry for example. Or not so strange if you're brainwashed consumer of modern mainstream media.

That's just fucking hilarious mate! Wolf's "caveman" was just a metaphor but do you know when women stopped being treated as a property of their husbands? And, on the other hand, that so called "age of chivalry" was anything but?

Back
Top Bottom