Gaming BS of the week

Kotaku sucks, these days. Seems to be run by a bunch of pink haired "male" feminists who only enjoy games with new gimmicks because they can be enjoyed quickly. They don't want to play games any longer than is absolutely necessary! :p

I don't see the big deal, Samsung is already making TV's with integrated steamlink
It's never enough with my ungodly hatred of anything EA says and does. As EA is a cancer of the gaming world that never goes away just consumes and destroys.

So let the holy fire cleanse this evil from the world.

Or not and continue to see new Mobile only versions of beloved franchises, and no more SP games. I swear EA can fuck up anything it touches nowadays.

Sarcastic rant over.:p

Edit: Joxer's and my link was based on this article.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-07-streaming-will-happen-just-a-matter-of-when-ea

Last edited:
It's never enough with my ungodly hatred of anything EA says and does. As EA is a cancer of the gaming world that never goes away just consumes and destroys.

So let the holy fire cleanse this evil from the world.

Or not and continue to see new Mobile only versions of beloved franchises, and no more SP games. I swear EA can fuck up anything it touches nowadays.

Sarcastic rant over.:p

Edit: Joxer's and my link was based on this article.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-07-streaming-will-happen-just-a-matter-of-when-ea

Well, i can't blame anyone for hating on EA. I'm still angry about them buying exclusive nfl rights and killing nfl2k.

I'm not hating but am disgusted by amount of bs they spill weekly. I mean from that wccftech newsbit: "Frostbite Will Support User Generated Content". Do they take us for idiots? That engine can barely support a singleplayer game let alone support mods.
Kotaku sucks, these days. Seems to be run by a bunch of pink haired "male" feminists who only enjoy games with new gimmicks because they can be enjoyed quickly. They don't want to play games any longer than is absolutely necessary! :p
For more than a year articles on that site became worse than polygon, instead of news about entertainment they're throwing politics on readers. Daily.
No, it's not me being biased about sites that are primarily for console audiences, just browse a few pages and you'll see titles that absolutely can't be linked to games nor any other kind of entertainment.

Sometimes, rarely though, they do make an article worth reading. For example today:
https://kotaku.com/why-video-game-characters-almost-never-remove-their-clo-1828182196
Why Video Game Characters Almost Never Remove Their Clothes
Of course it's not to avoid censors and most of stuff said there is obvious and logical, but when you think about it, noone wrote an actual article covering this issue before. At least I didn't notice one.

To have EA the most hated company in the world, when there are other companies poisoning and destroying the environment and people's lives really tells you how terribly spoiled and out of touch the general public has become.

To have EA the most hated company in the world, when there are other companies poisoning and destroying the environment and people's lives really tells you how terribly spoiled and out of touch the general public has become.
I despise EA with all my heart but yes their are worse global companies. Like Apple for an example as you know they have some type of sinister global domination agenda.:biggrin:

Apple one of the worse patent trolls around. Great marketing. On the bright side they do make decent devices and provide decent service (though it cost a pretty penny). Having said that I do not own any apple products nor will i in the future.

I'm not a big gadget guy - and the only reason I own a phone that's not extremely cheap, is that I use my work phone (iPhone 6 or 7 - can't remember).

That said, the iPhone is, hands down, the best phone I've used - and I've used several android phones as well.

Still don't have any feelings about Apple one way or the other.

I usually think more about the product and its immediate practical benefit than I do about the people making it.

The best phone I've used was Nokia3330.
- Never had any problem with calls and sms-es
- It was indestructible and it even drank coffee once (don't ask) yet continued to work
- The battery held juice for a week.

The only thing it didn't have I'm using today was Viber. But the iphone I'm currently carrying around is utterly inferior to what old 3310 and 3330 stood for.

This ain't phone bs thread however... So I'll be returning on topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember PCgamer? Yea the site that suggests people to spend thousands on i9 CPU...

A new gem:
https://www.pcgamer.com/best-4k-tv-for-gaming/
4K, HDR, and low input lag are must-haves for a great gaming TV.
No shit?

No it's not ConsoleGamer nor PhoneGamer site, the very same day, it proves it's not:
https://www.pcgamer.com/best-fortnite-mouse/
These are the best gaming mice for building your way to Victory Royale.
https://www.pcgamer.com/best-cheap-gaming-pc/
The best cheap gaming PCs

1. Cyberpower Gamer Xtreme
The best gaming PC under $1,000
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | Storage: 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD 7200RPM

2. HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop
An AMD powerhouse that keeps up with the best
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 Series | GPU: AMD RX 580 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | Storage: 1TB HDD 7200RPM

3. SkyTech Archangel
The best bang for your buck
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 Series | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | Storage: 1TB HDD 7200RPM

My best guess the reason for the bs TV article (and not VR helmet, videowall or projector) is them being paid by TV companies to advertise garbage.

Last edited:
Well hows this for BS @joxer.

Bethesda blocks resale of used game

Link - https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/11/17661254/bethesda-sell-used-games-amazon-block
Bethesda Softworks, may be seeking to rein in sales of used games online. Bethesda recently sent out a notice to at least one seller on Amazon’s Marketplace who was trying to sell a sealed copy of The Evil Within 2, demanding that they remove their listing. That letter included a phone number for sellers of Bethesda’s games to call, suggesting that the company is sending out such notices to multiple sellers.

Philadelphia-based Ryan Hupp recently contacted Polygon to explain how he’d been forced by Bethesda to stop selling his copy of The Evil Within 2. He bought the game but never unwrapped it, he told us. He’d been expecting to purchase a PlayStation 4, but instead spent his money upgrading a gaming PC. Hupp said he often sells used goods through Amazon Marketplace, which works in much the same way as other online trading sites, such as eBay.
And lets not forget this from the legal firm responsible.
Under what is known as the First Sale Doctrine, once a trademark owner (“the company”) sells a product, the buyer ordinarily can resell the product without infringing the owner’s mark. However, the First Sale Doctrine does not apply when a reseller sells a trademarked good that is materially different from the company’s genuine goods

Case law has established a few important principles relating to material differences. This includes that: 1) the threshold of materiality is considered “low”; 2) only a single material difference is necessary to give rise to a trademark infringement claim; and 3) material differences do not have to be “physical” differences.

Back
Top Bottom