Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sorry, I haven't been pay attention… Does it come with some sort of module builders toolkit?

And can you rotate the view or is it fixed?

Thanks

Sorry, I haven't been pay attention… Does it come with some sort of module builders toolkit?

No module editor, sadly. If there were, I'd be all over it.

Downloading at 16.9 MB/s since I ended up owning this unexpectedly. Hope it's good!

Haven't really tracked this. Can you make the whole party or do you have to take poorly written and un-optimizely built companions?

You start with premade companions but soon you get (pay) to make your own custom party.

Premade do have custom banter just like BG. Home made, I would have to guess, would not.

Haven't even started and already modded the game :)

My Ranger and his companion :)

Oh well. Will be interested in everyone's views! (esp. a comparison with PoE).

It feels like NWN/NWN2 to me, but with better UI and the camera is fixed (isometric) so no crappy/wonky camera fighting.

It feels like NWN/NWN2 to me, but with better UI and the camera is fixed (isometric) so no crappy/wonky camera fighting.
Hopefully the main campaign is better than either of those :p
(I played a lot of NWN1, but mainly due to the expansions and some of the superior fan-made modules )

If that's true, I'm definetly gonna hate the game.

Why did you hate them?

The games feels like them because it's 3D and Pathfinder is based on D&D 3.5 edition like both NWN games use (the first one is 3.0 I think). So items/spells have the same names, combat flow in a similar fashion, etc.

Beside that, it's more its own thing, with some stuff taken from POE/Tyranny (like scripted events and text highlight for lore stuff).

Why did you hate them?

The games feels like them because it's 3D and Pathfinder is based on D&D 3.5 edition like both NWN games use (the first one is 3.0 I think). So items/spells have the same names, combat flow in a similar fashion, etc.

Beside that, it's more its own thing, with some stuff taken from POE/Tyranny (like scripted events and text highlight for lore stuff).

Yes the game feels and plays like a mix of BG, NWN2 and PoE. Base is BG, mechanics are similar to NWN2 and they took some stuff from PoE.

Anyone had issues unpacking files after the preload? It's taking forever and I'm starting to get really worried :(

Edit: omg it's ready now!!! Too bad I have to go to bed for sleep.... :( tomorrow!!!!!

Just started the game took almost seven minutes to load. I was about to throw a fit, but quickly remembered it's another Unity engine RPG. The developer responded about this.
First Launch May Take Several Minutes

Hey guys!

Some folks have reported that their game just "hangs" on startup. Unfortunately, if you have a slower hard drive (or it's very busy) it may take several minutes for the game to start. This only happens on the first launch. Worst case, Windows may even tell you the game is no longer responding. Ignore that and WAIT, please! It'll take you to the title screen, eventually!

Tip of the day: swarms are not damaged by weapons. You need AOE damage to deal with them. The torches you start with are supposed to work (some claims they are bugged), otherwise use alchemist's fire (sold by Bokken at Oleg's) or aoe spells.

Aurora, AI, story. Everything was pisspoor.

It's not Aurora, but Unity (depending on the person that could be worst, lol, but it feels more smooth than in POE). The AI haven't done anything dumb while I played so far, but there is no scripting and controlling party members is very much like BG on default AI (aka micro-managing is required if you want the fancy stuff to happen).

Too soon to talk about the story, but I like the premise of "deal with bandit lord, become Baron, fix the land" it has in chapter 1. It's very pnp adventure instead of "grand epic story of the chosen one".

I know the story from the P&P game

The antagonist is a fey called Nyrissa that wants to send the stolen lands into the first world

Yes the game feels and plays like a mix of BG, NWN2 and PoE. Base is BG, mechanics are similar to NWN2 and they took some stuff from PoE.

That's how I feel as well. It's more BG than NWN, but the ruleset screams NWN. Mechanics wise and gameplay I feel it's more like BG. With, dare I say, a splash of Sword Coast Legends (haha, just had to :p).

Back
Top Bottom