Heralds of the Order - Demo Available

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Heralds of the Order is a Banner Saga type turn based strategy game currently in development and available on Itch.io. There is a free demo you can try.

Heralds of The Order
is а turn-based strategy game boiled down the genre's core principles. Utilize positioning and abilities with elaborate patterns to achieve victory! Featuring hand drawn art and over 20 story hand crafted missions.

Key Features

• Turnbased tactical combat boiled down to it's core priciples. Where positioning and countering the enemies defences are the key to victory.
  • Hand drawn line art and animations with 6 unique environments.
  • Over 20 handcrafted missions with optional pickups containing powerful God Powerswhich provide you an edge for the rest of your journey.
  • Adapt your strategy! Customize your parties stats and chose from the numerous God Powers to overcome the chalanges ahead of you.
  • Unique boss fights with devastating attacks requiring perfect positioning to avoid.
  • 8 party members each with there unique motivations and abilities.
More information.

Why is this not on Steam? First time hearing about it now.

I bet this project migrates to either great old games or steam, at some point. Looks like something I'd enjoy, so I hope they put it on a more viable platform to attract a bigger audience.

Another Banner Saga clone count me interested.:happycry:
I bet this project migrates to either great old games or steam, at some point. Looks like something I'd enjoy, so I hope they put it on a more viable platform to attract a bigger audience.
It probably will and I hope it does as it will help the developer make more money.

The fact that this graphics doesn't even have painted highlights and thus is very flat hurts my eyes, makes me dizzy after a couple of seconds, when I try to scrutinize WTH is going on on the battlefield.

If it is fairly good I don't see how I'll skip it with a Mac release and turn based combats, the question remains for a sale or not.

It's one more game influenced by Banner Saga, at least they are trying target a less abstract system.

I wonder why there haven't been attempt to develop combats like Darkest Dungeon. I don't mean the same system, nor even something around roguelike and grinding and focused on high RNG.

But for combats and budget management, 2D horizontal seems a good base with still a lot of idea to develop and able to produce interesting combats. I played two games with this approach, and both had interesting combats, more than front to front like Might&Magic.

The best is on a grid obviously but it's another cost level and complexity level, the weight on budget is rather significant. At least this game doesn't target classic realistic 3D which is obviously a too huge cost for indie games.

I'd also like to see more side-oriented turn-based. Really underserved (or maybe unwanted?) genre.

The fact that this graphics doesn't even have painted highlights and thus is very flat hurts my eyes, makes me dizzy after a couple of seconds, when I try to scrutinize WTH is going on on the battlefield.

Hate your eyes not the game.;)

Game looks interesting but not enough to get past anything on my already long backlog.

Hey, I only just realised that there was a post about our game ont his site. To answer some of the questions above: yes we are planning to release the game on Steam and GOG once it's ready. In the next couple of mounts we're going to release the fist act for free, to see if we can generate a large enought following to justify the work which is going to be needed to finish the whole thing. So if you're interested you can follow us on social media: https://twitter.com/ArcheanGames, https://www.facebook.com/ArcheanGames, https://www.instagram.com/archeangames/ or you can sign up to our mailing list. For those of you who played the demo we also have a feeback survey you can fill out if you have the time.

For any other questions you can message us any of the social media listed above or at archeangames@gmail.com.

Count me as another glad to hear you will release on Steam and GOG.

Back
Top Bottom