The TV Series discussion thread

I tried the pilot of Resident Alien and, while I simply love the lead guy from Firefly in it, some his behavior and that of other characters grates on me in ways that I cannot even explain. Real people simply don't behave like this, lol. Not sure if I can stomach another episode, tbh. BTW, had he actually executed that screaming child, I might have stuck around for at least one more shot!

The show is about an extraterrestrial taking the identity of a man in Colorado, and you're bothered that the people aren't behaving realistically enough? :)

I simply thought White was a humongeous piece of shit, I and got into endless arguments with real life friends about it every time we watched the show, and THEN….that one episode where White told Sky that he did it all because he ENJOYED it….not for the money, not for his family but because he was a sadistic, egotistical maniac and didn't give a shit about anyone that he hurt along his way. That was finally the truth, I considered it my vindication, and swore never to rewatch a series that I only enjoyed because I kept praying that half the cast would meet a violent, painful and prolonged demise. Fin.

With the shoddy turn Expanse took in the fifth series, I found the need to enrich myself with some decent telly, and started re-watching two excellent shows: Americans, and Leftovers. Man, these are two stellar shows, neither are particularly long in the tooth, each have a decent cast with great stories. I imagine a show like Leftover might not get much viewing these days, as the situation within the show might be comparable to Covid. In any case, I'm enjoying them both, they are palate cleansers and got rid of some nasty telly grit that was lingering in my mind.

With the shoddy turn Expanse took in the fifth series, I found the need to enrich myself with some decent telly, and started re-watching two excellent shows: Americans, and Leftovers. Man, these are two stellar shows, neither are particularly long in the tooth, each have a decent cast with great stories. I imagine a show like Leftover might not get much viewing these days, as the situation within the show might be comparable to Covid. In any case, I'm enjoying them both, they are palate cleansers and got rid of some nasty telly grit that was lingering in my mind.

I recently saw the Leftovers, a couple of months ago I think. During the pandemic. Yeah, the first season was tiring to get through. But in the end it was worth it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-56022084
Gina Carano dropped from Mandalorian

The reason is now nonexisting tweets. Won't go into the substance as I don't care about social networks spams people mostly do while drunk or high, but…
Moral of the story - if you don't want to lose your job, uninstall twitter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-56022084

The reason is now nonexisting tweets. Won't go into the substance as I don't care about social networks spams people mostly do while drunk or high, but…
Moral of the story - if you don't want to lose your job, uninstall twitter.
Bah I've been saying that for years.:p

Good luck getting the rest of the world to agree. Shame the twitter outrage mob got her fired. Still cancel culture must go on. Who's next the mob needs a new target?:roll:

Last edited:
Seems she mocks people for wearing masks, and compares pushback against her political views to the suffering of the jews under the Nazis. So, a moron, then. But I'm not seeing anything all that egregious. And if we fire all the mouthy morons, it's going to get very hard to find a taxi.

Seems she mocks people for wearing masks, and compares pushback against her political views to the suffering of the jews under the Nazis. So, a moron, then. But I'm not seeing anything all that egregious. And if we fire all the mouthy morons, it's going to get very hard to find a taxi.
It's funny because Disney has authors who write worse stuff and their still employed.

Never heard of that actor, but twatter I've heard of, and have avoided since it's conception. Letting no accounts accost you from basement dwellings rather than face you man to man is a one way ticket to psychosis. Honestly, just hearing or reading the term "social media" is enough to make large portions of my skin crawl.

She should have been let go long before that anyways simply because she can't act. I have nothing against her, but she was a *terrible* fit for Star Wars.

No, and thank goodness. Since Breaking Bad ended with him getting what he truly deserved, I sincerely hope he never shows up on Better Call Saul. In my mind it's hard to imagine a more dreadful character, and I know it's make-believe but damn, White was one hell of a sick, evil bastard. I mean ….
I liked Breaking Bad, but I had a hard time enjoying it, because of the extremely unsympathetic nature of the main character. Nothing so much due to morals (I think), but my emotional reactions were quite uncomfortable.

a pibbur who wonders if what he just said makes sense

Last edited:
Every expressed opinion is a risk (even if that's in your constitutional rights). Most of the time, it's fine, but every once in a while, it will bite you back.

PS: this isn't my opinion, by the way, it's an observable fact :p

I've said this for many decades: Speech is free, a person can say whatever they wish, but also prepare to be ridiculed if you wave your ignorance in other peoples' faces. And if you actually insult or denigrate someone, well, I hope a bout of fisticuffs isn't something you're afraid of.

I'm surprised people have a bad reaction to Walter White, from Breaking Bad. I've only seen season 1 and I plan on seeing the rest when Better Call Saul finishes. But as far as I've seen him I was sympathetic to his plight. Maybe he becomes a lot more sociopathic later on? But don't spoil it for me. I've already been spoiled on the ending.

I've been meaning to check out this series for a long time, and I've finally seen the first episode, and I have to say I like what I'm seeing. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'll see how it progresses further on. One interesting thing is that it's on the 14th season now, and it's already been greenlit for 4 more seasons. I'm not sure I've seen this type of confidence from studios that finance series.

I'm surprised people have a bad reaction to Walter White, from Breaking Bad. I've only seen season 1 and I plan on seeing the rest when Better Call Saul finishes. But as far as I've seen him I was sympathetic to his plight. Maybe he becomes a lot more sociopathic later on? But don't spoil it for me. I've already been spoiled on the ending.
hehe
an incarnation of pibbur, nothing more, nothing less

The show is called Breaking Bad because it's about why people do bad things. People can become a monster one step at a time, the old slippery slope.

Back
Top Bottom