The TV Series discussion thread

Anyway, Season 3 is apparently not easy to get except buying the discs :/

It's on Showtime. https://www.sho.com/twin-peaks/the-return

Not sure how much that would cost you though. I'm surprised it's not on Netflix since the first two seasons are, but I guess they think it's still selling subscriptions for them.

*Edit* There's a 30 day free trial. Plenty of time to watch it if you want.

It's on Showtime. https://www.sho.com/twin-peaks/the-return

Not sure how much that would cost you though. I'm surprised it's not on Netflix since the first two seasons are, but I guess they think it's still selling subscriptions for them.

*Edit* There's a 30 day free trial. Plenty of time to watch it if you want.
Thanks for the tip, but as many others, it's US-only :( I wouldn't be surprised if the series was on Prime too, but in Europe we have a terribly poor selection. If we want to watch those series, we can either get a VPN (yet another subscription...) or download them illegally.

I'm pretty sure there is a demand, but I suppose that for Netflix, Prime, and others, it's not interesting to buy the rights outside of US. Similarly, HBO, Disney, ... are usually impossible to subscribe too (that's even weirder). Sometimes it really feels like it's the old continent ;)
Maybe it's reciprocal for European shows.

Thanks for the tip, but as many others, it's US-only :( I wouldn't be surprised if the series was on Prime too, but in Europe we have a terribly poor selection. If we want to watch those series, we can either get a VPN (yet another subscription…) or download them illegally.

I'm pretty sure there is a demand, but I suppose that for Netflix, Prime, and others, it's not interesting to buy the rights outside of US. Similarly, HBO, Disney, … are usually impossible to subscribe too (that's even weirder). Sometimes it really feels like it's the old continent ;)

Sorry to hear that. It's odd to me that those companies wouldn't want to present more choices to entice subscribers over there. I guess the potential extra customers wouldn't justify the cost of getting those shows?

Oh well... I hear Sweden might be able to help you out. ;)

It is.
BBC's shows for example, although BBC America exists, do not air in USA at the same time as in europe but are delayed.

Same goes for (some) asian shows too. You can watch them on asian streams sometimes months before Netflix.

Eventually everything becomes available somewhere, all you need is patience.

I watched the premier of Superman and Lois with kids or whatever it's called. It's on something called CW? Dunno. Wife pulled the show up for me on my pc ;) I liked it but I watch almost no TV, so I'm probably easy to satisfy. I've never heard of arrowverse but I'm assuming there are several superhero shows that are on TV somewhere. Might look into it.

Series three of Twin Peaks is a masterpiece. It's a serious mistake to look at it as a series or individual episodes, rather, for me, it is more of an eighteen hour feature film. Also, should you be after the complete series on DVD, the last time I saw them on sale it was all rather low-priced. I can certainly understand people not wanting to pay for ten viewing channels, that's all a mess these days, imo.

And episode eight of series three might be the best hour of television ever. Come at me.

And episode eight of series three might be the best hour of television ever. Come at me.

That episode was the mind-fuck I did not expect. Got a light? I just got goose-bumps just thinking about it. :D

I'm not sure if this was in the same episode, could be, but this is also the most haunting piece of music.

Slow 30's Room by David Lynch & Dean Hurley (Extended)

This one is also nice from the Fire Walk With Me.

The Pink Room, by Angelo Badalamenti

I also like how each episode in season 3 ends with a musical number.

Aye, the musical score of each and every episode or film by Lynch also begs to be analyzed. For Lynch, sound matters, perhaps equal to each and every visual element and, in some cases, maybe even more so.

I watched the premier of Superman and Lois with kids or whatever it's called. It's on something called CW? Dunno. Wife pulled the show up for me on my pc ;) I liked it but I watch almost no TV, so I'm probably easy to satisfy. I've never heard of arrowverse but I'm assuming there are several superhero shows that are on TV somewhere. Might look into it.

The CW has multiple super hero shows; Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, etc, etc. Most of the well-known DC characters are there somewhere.

Those CW shows tend to start off well then become meetings in hallways about feelings and other crap....dear god they get boring real quick. It's like they try to hook you with a fine start then they get all....icky. I've not watched the Superman one yet, but it's waiting for me on the pvr.

tribes of europa (aka elex the tv show :lol:)

only saw the first episode, looked very interesting, sadly the first season has just 6 episodes
ps (most of) the actors are fugly

Wanda Vision is perhaps the first Disney/Marvel show/movie I've real hope for. I was afraid they wouldn't embrace who Wanda really is, but they seem to be going all the way, unless this is some nasty red herring to be yanked away. May the House of M rule for generations to come!!

WandaVision has been cleverly brilliant in the way it has paid homage to so many well-known TV shows (sit coms). The number of Easter Eggs in each episode is amazing!!

In other words sitcom haters who refused to watch those since they were born (me!) should stay away.
Right? :p

Those CW shows tend to start off well then become meetings in hallways about feelings and other crap….dear god they get boring real quick. It's like they try to hook you with a fine start then they get all….icky. I've not watched the Superman one yet, but it's waiting for me on the pvr.

Yeah, this is my fear even after watching one episode. There was quite a bit of feelings even in the pilot. I don't mind a little bit, but if the touchy-feely>action, I'll stop.

I did get around to watching the new Superman show, and I've mixed feelings about it. First, just to get this out in the open, I'm a Routh fan. Yeah yeah, his movie certainly wasn't the best Superman flick, but his casting in the titular role was perfection. He, for me, embodies Clark Kent much better than the current tv or film guy. Other than somehow bringing Chris Reeve back, for me Routh nails both Kent and Kal, with almost perfect nuances for each. This guy isn't Routh but I'm going to give him a shot at the belt.

So, I'll do my best to avoid spoilers here. This time Kent and Lane have two teenagers to deal with, fraternal twins, so there's a huge family element in the newest iteration. Due to reasons, the family winds up moving from Metropolis back to Smallville, and I'm ok with the move, but I didn't think it should have cost a family member to do so. Lane's father serves as Kal's government contact, and that's a solid choice. The best part for me are the villain picks, namely Luthor and Edge. Lots of field to play with there, on both counts.

So I'll be watching at least a few more episodes to see where this all is going. The Smallville references hooked me hard ( a Pete name-drop, the board in the kitchen on the Kent farm, and so help me god if the wall of weird shows up I will watch EVERY DAMN EPISODE!), Lana being a factor, and many more subtle elements in this pilot. The potential is there, the whole CW thing is a concern, but for now I'm going with it. Oh, and this looked a lot less….cheesy, for lack of a better word, than some of the other CW offerings. I have to also say I don't watch Batwaman or Black Lightening, so I'm not familiar with all of the Arrow-verse shows.

I don't watch to many tv shows nowadays but I found one on the Scfy channel called Resident Alien. It's a funny show mixed with drama about a stranded alien on earth.

I'm not a fan of many of the townsfolk on that show, Resident Alien, some of them act just too weird for me. However, knowing that the alien means to kill a lot of humans, I think I'll hang in for a few more episodes just to see what happens. I do like the Firefly guy a lot!

I've been enjoying it, but it is a little different!! :)

I've had a real battle trying to find out the name and artist of the song they used in a sneak peak for that tv series. So I have a special connection to it. So I intend to watch it some time.

I'm still watching an episode of Scooby Doo, the original series which I only watched as a kid. It's a real nostalgia trip. But I also like the characters and love the drawn art style.

Back
Top Bottom