Might is Right - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Might is Right has been released:

Might is Right

Might is Right is an old-school turn-based strategy game, it has simple controls and deep complex mechanics.
In Might is Right, you control a squad of up to 6 characters, including your hero, and you fight your way across a large world.
Each character gains experience in combat and can gain new levels. At each level, you get a talent point to spend. Every character has its own talent tree with options that offer very distinct play-styles; from glass-cannon mages, to tanking healers.

The game features two familiar modes that you switch between:

Adventure mode
Here your squad can move freely across the map, collect treasures, visit settlements, and do quests.

Combat mode
When you engage an enemy squad in adventure mode, you enter combat. In combat, you fight the enemy until you win... or lose. If things get too tough, you can always run away.

Game Features

• complex talent trees for each character with 150+ unique talents
  • consumable items
  • state-of-the art AI, able to adapt to any situation
  • randomly generated enemy encounters
  • turn-based tactical combat
  • contextual tutorial, information is presented as you progress
  • achievements
  • quests; the world is full of individuals who need your help, discover them and earn useful rewards
Talents
Each character gains experience in combat and can gain new levels. At each level, you get a talent point to spend. Every character has its own talent tree with options that offer very distinct play-styles; from glass-canon mages, to tanking healers.

Challenge
The game features state-of-the art AI that will punish you for your mistakes. This, together with careful hand-tuning of the world, guarantees that you will have a challenge. Might is Right is non-linear, so if it gets too hard or too easy, you can always take a different road.
More information.

Is there something besides combat?

The highest quality element in that entire trailer is the amazing narrator voice.

I bought it because it runs well on my shitty laptop.
This is my mini-review (not posted on Steam yet):
Way better than expected. It has a HOMM vibe that wants u keep exploring the map and fight stronger and stronger units. The balance seems fine if u take good bonuses at start (around 60% diff or less). The classes are enough varies and change with sex, so there are about 16. The tactical combat is actually pretty fast (slay the spire as the opposite), as damage scale well with levels and skills. The talents are perhaps too many and some are redundant, and the game sometimes crashes to desktop and you lose the last turn as it saves the previous turn, so the tactic I adopted is to pass a turn before a strong battle, so I can easy retry it. The equipment is a little scarce but overall pretty well thought. Music is horrendous and I turned off, sound effects instead are decent.
If you like the genre or have a few hours of free time from now and then, pick it up.

"Might is right" ? I hate that name.

Reading a comparison to Heroes of Might and Magic is a huge positive!! I don't like hearing about frequent crashes though, maybe they'll address that issue at some point. Thank you for the mini-review!

I don't like hearing about frequent crashes though, maybe they'll address that issue at some point. Thank you for the mini-review!

They are the main issue as you lose the last turn when that happens. It could be because of the intel intgrated graphics that is basically crap. I haven't read about this on Steam and probably the devs can look into this If I tell them.

Back
Top Bottom