What games are you playing now?

You mean finished it.
Apparently that thing is shorter than new Doom.
Please, whoever publisher is, don't port it on PC.

Dude, you're hilarious. Sour grapes much? All estimates point to about 30h game, and that's a lot for this type of game. And seeing how much I progressed through it, I'm inclined to believe them. But you don't care about that, do you? You've already made up your mind.

And yeah, it's not coming to PC unfortunately, as all PS exclusives tend to go. But dude, seriously, judging it without playing it? That's so teenager-angsty behavior. I'd love it if it came to PC though, but we'll never see that.

https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-the-kotaku-review-1825188422
Played

The main campaign plus several sidequests, roughly 20 hours.
No, that's not Mars War Logs nor Consortium playtime review.

Anyway, what type of game is that? Shortgames?
You may argue it's quality and not quantity that matters and I can agree with that, but sorry, I don't see any hair quality on screenshots.

Last edited:
https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-the-kotaku-review-1825188422

No, that's not Mars War Logs nor Consortium playtime review.

Anyway, what type of game is that? Shortgames?
You may argue it's quality and not quantity that matters and I can agree with that, but sorry, I don't see any hair quality on screenshots.

Time played is so subjective that it absolutely doesn't matter, unless it's in the extreme. Time played depends on how fast you play, how much you explore, how much you backtrack, game difficulty, player skill. I personally would not look very much into how long a particular journalist takes. Especially since they're incentivized to rush to play as fast as possible, since they also have to put their opinions to words.

And going back to other games, I played The Last of Us in about 18-20 hours, and it was some of the best 18-20 hours I ever played. And I'm sure more would be better. In linearly narrative games with a strong story, too much can have reverse effects.

Oh, and I just checked, and it seems God of War tracks at what % your are of the game. No idea how they calculate that. But I'm barely at 10% with about 6 hours or so played. And some of those 6 hours I died quite a bit, even on normal difficulty.

ME:A - hopefully i'll finish this trash tomorrow. I finally finished peewee's quest but the quest structure (not just her but a whole slew of them) is a total waste of time. They are designed to have you play 20 minute and spend 80 minutes of stupid animation as they have you go back and forth back and forth to the same boring set of planets. While I batch up a bunch of them to finish on each landing - the minute you complete one portion of the task it immediately have you go and revisit some stupid shit planet you just came from. growwllllll even when the story bit is interesting the time waste of back and forth time waste is just stupid and pointless. The person in charge of the quest designers should be fired but before he is fired tar and feather and then boiled in oil.

ME:A - hopefully i'll finish this trash tomorrow. I finally finished peewee's quest but the quest structure (not just her but a whole slew of them) is a total waste of time. They are designed to have you play 20 minute and spend 80 minutes of stupid animation as they have you go back and forth back and forth to the same boring set of planets. While I batch up a bunch of them to finish on each landing - the minute you complete one portion of the task it immediately have you go and revisit some stupid shit planet you just came from. growwllllll even when the story bit is interesting the time waste of back and forth time waste is just stupid and pointless. The person in charge of the quest designers should be fired but before he is fired tar and feather and then boiled in oil.

I think they changed it after a few patches so you can skip the planet travel animations.

Ok, got even deeper into God of War. It really opens up into a hub-world style game, with Metroidvania elements (some of the areas are locked until you unlock various abilities/items). And I really like this style of game. Makes exploration fun.

But ultimately, the best things about the game are the combat system, which is absolutely fantastic, and the graphics/camera engine which really shows off the combat system. I can't remember the last time I felt this much like a badass while playing. It's so visceral and energetic, that you feel awesome all the time. And I realize how gratuitous this sounds, but they really did a great job. You really feel like a god after defeating huge lumbering beasts and their minions.

It's really just a power-fantasy for the player. And that's ok. It does cause a bit of dissonance, what Kratos is able to do in cinematics, with what he's doing in day to day fights. The stuff he does in cinematics could lead you to believe he should be immortal. But alas, so are games where this sort of dissonance is present.

The story, still hasn't really gotten better. It's decent, and some of the interactions between Kratos and his son are nice. But, again, nothing on the range of The Last of Us.

Just waiting for May 8th for Pillars2.

Will play it on release like the last one bugs and all then replay when the expansion are out. yes bug and all then too lol.

Will play it on release like the last one bugs and all then replay when the expansion are out. yes bug and all then too lol.

I started replaying PoE 1 awhile back, then did White March...and then felt burned out ... but hopefully I'll feel enthusiastic again in the next 2 weeks. Busy replaying TW3, but have developed this horrible muscle spasm/strain in my left shoulder blade, so playing for more than about 30 minutes is hell! Well, that's one way to stop playing too much :-S Been for a massage and applied anti-inflammatory patches, no noticeable improvident as yet grrr Probably just old(er) age starting to bite.

Me too. Waiting for it and planning to play at release. But this time I'm not sure about expansions. Obsidian plans to make 3 of them. And past few years I'm kinda used to uninstall a game once I finish it. Dunno.

In the meantime, I'm trying to complete ACO's last expansion (which ain't bad at all!) and I need also to finish ToCS2 which I left in nearend state because of jumping into NNK2. :(
It's slow process as I'm also catching up with some series and movies I've been postponing for too long. Luckily no new anime looked intersting so the only thing I'm still following is guilty pleasure trash Black Clover. The last batch of comics (fat hardcover integrals ofc) I got from Amazon is gathering dust for more than a month now… Seriously, can someone make days last longer?

Right now I'm hoping that I'll finish Avernum three soonish, and be ready for Battletech when it arrives. I don't really intend to play on launch day, but if I hear good things I just might have to take a peek sooner rather than later.

I started replaying PoE 1 awhile back, then did White March…and then felt burned out … but hopefully I'll feel enthusiastic again in the next 2 weeks. Busy replaying TW3, but have developed this horrible muscle spasm/strain in my left shoulder blade, so playing for more than about 30 minutes is hell! Well, that's one way to stop playing too much :-S Been for a massage and applied anti-inflammatory patches, no noticeable improvident as yet grrr Probably just old(er) age starting to bite.

I was about replaying it, but thought better of it as I have played it twice and just got done a 200 to 250 hour play of D:OS2.

I skipped replaying POE1 right before Deadfire as well. I didn't want to get burned out by that type of game...so instead I'm (re)playing The Elder Scrolls, or trying to (I'm not really in it).

I played POE1 twice - once when it first came out and again after all the patches and expansion was added (I purchased the expansion as part of the kickstarter). I have no intention of playing a third time - i just dind't like the game or gameplay that much. I will do the same thing with poe2 but if i feel the same way about poe2 and poe1 it will be my last poe. The story in poe1 just didn't grab me and the game-play wasn't that much fun. I haven't really care much for rtwp since icewind dale 2. nwn was ok i guess but i hated teh game play in da:eek: - i just liked the game (though the map in many areas was stupid). Anyway said too much.

Ok, so the gay theme in Andromeda is starting to get really annoying... I just had to go on a date with a dude just so I can get a settlement established??

No. You didn't have to. You can side with "the resistance" and make settlement without dating. Next time don't just click any dialogue choice that says "commit" thinking it means nothing.
But even when you commited and now want to run out from it, you can still "fix it" by picking the opposite side in the later duel.

Note that this choice won't affect the endgame at all, whichever side you pick here will help you and if you don't choose any you'll still be helped by one of them.

It's a missed opportunity IMO. One of.
Bioware could make it as the only way possible for settlement is trade your body for "greater good" in both paths, but they didn't have guts to pull it through. I guess they were too scared from SJW rage. I've replayed the game differently and both factions felt like been there, done that, boring, yawn. Not only that, the settlement there is designed as completely irrelevant thing that makes no difference and is needed only if you're after some silly achievements.

Back
Top Bottom