Legends of Ellaria - Dev Roadmap & New Closed Beta Version

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update on Legends of Ellaria shares progress made and the dev road map.

100 + Improvements(Beta) and Dev Road Map

5 Feb @ 6:53am - Larkon Studio
502e1d594d98b1753f1142c224fcdd01bc7f4e2f.gif

Dear Legends of Ellaria players,

We're excited to announce a NEW closed-beta version, containing more over 100 fixes and Improvements. These improvements are based on your bug reports, feedbacks and long-planned improvements, along with a new sound system, improved combat AI and visual corrections.

Also, We would like to share with you Legends of Ellaria RoadMap[docs.google.com]
which details our time schedule on important features such as World Domination, Multiplayer, Necromancer and more. The order and date of these features may change, and we will update this list as we develop these features.

fa3789f17d93b751333400ebad2726d59475566a.gif

Version 0.5.49.01 BETA 1 Contains the following

Combat Improvements

• NPC use tactics depending on their training, including flanking and changing weapons to match yours
  • NPCs are less likely to shoot an ally while aiming at an enemy
  • Improved NPCs animations
  • Citizens reacts to you when you attack them in Casual
  • Getting killed dispells all shields and summoned creatures
  • Reduced Mana from x10 per Spirit to x5 and reduced all spells by half so that mana potions and apparel will be more effective.
  • Added Rage skill mechanics

Sound Improvements

• Created a new sound system for ambient and sound effects
  • Added multiple indoor and outdoor ambient and immersive sounds
  • Improved the footstep sounds
  • Remixed sound volumes and added smoother transitions
  • Rebalanced NPCs greetings, shouts, and taunts depending on the environment and number of NPCs
[...]
More information.

So how much longer till it's finished? My guess is two more years of Early Access.:(

Wow, somehow this didn't catch my attention till now. It looks to be third person rather than first person? (I really hope so, I get motion sickness with first person perspective) - anyone tried this beta/EA out? Impressions?

Wow, somehow this didn't catch my attention till now. It looks to be third person rather than first person? (I really hope so, I get motion sickness with first person perspective) - anyone tried this beta/EA out? Impressions?
Say it ain't so I did an interview a few years ago & and posted the launch of it's kickstarter as news-editor. They are trying make another crossover like Spell-force.

Interview -https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/civcraft--legends-of-ellaria-interview-347.html

Yep it used to be called CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria.

It certainly look like a very ambitious project. Let's hope they get most of the promised features right :)

It's both first and 3rd person.

They have made a lot updates but I am waiting for a bigger world update before I jump back into it.

Is this some kind of RPG/RTS hybrid?
Yes it combines both RTS and RPG styles in one game like Spellforce. Though it has more emphasis on the RPG side. As that was not a huge focus of the Spellforce games.

Heads up since no news was posted since last year on this site. The developers announced back in May the game is nearing completion after years of Early Access.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/621070/announcements/detail/2234292453023044935
Good day everyone!

It’s been a while since our last announcement, so first of all, we want to send our best wishes to you and your loved ones in these challenging times. We hope you are doing as good as possible under the circumstances. Stay safe, stay strong – we’ll get through this together!

That said, we’ve got great news to share. Although the coronavirus crisis has shaken our world as much as everyone’s, we are a small team, and thankfully we could adapt quickly to remote working. Thus, our development hasn’t been too badly affected by this situation… and we are ready to announce that our game is in the last leg of its development. After several years in Early Access, Legends of Ellaria will launch its full release version in middle Q3!

This announcement comes with a warning, though. As we explained in the Early Access FAQ, our plan was always to increase the price of the game as the game grew. Now that we’re close to full release, that time has come: the game is now bigger and better in every sense that when we launched in Early Access. Starting on May 7th, the price will be increased to 24.99$.

This is also a way to thank our Early Access supporters that have got us this far, so those who believed in us since the beginning end up paying less as a token of appreciation for their trust. You still have a few days with the Early Access price, though, so if you were on the fence on buying Legends of Ellaria, go jump at it now before the increase!

In the coming days and weeks, we will share more information about the full version of the game and its release. If you want to stay up to date, hit the Follow button, and Wishlist the game.

See you in Ellaria, adventurers!

More updates.

Legends of Ellaria Community Q&A - Part 1 - Steam
We’re back with a new entry of our blog series about Legends of Ellaria, its full-release features and its development process. Last week we discussed heroes and quests, and how exploration will feel in the final version of the game. We also invited you to send us your questions about the game so we could do a Q&A this week. We have received so many questions through Steam, Discord, social media, etc. that we couldn’t fit them all in just one post, so we have decided to break it into two weeks; here you have the first selection of questions; the rest will be answered next week. Thanks to everyone who dropped by to say hello and ask about the game!
Legends of Ellaria Community Q&A - Part 2 - Steam
Good day Ellarians, and welcome back to our weekly dev blog about Legends of Ellaria! Last week we opened up this blog to your questions in a Q&A, but we couldn't fit them all in just one post, so we saved some for this week. Without further ado, let's go with your questions about how the full release version of Legends of Ellaria will be!

Necro thread....but this looks good...anyone involved in beta?

Back
Top Bottom