Warcraft 3 Reforged is total bullcrap

On the bright side, they might decide to refund everyone and release it for free in an attempt to get back some crowd favour.

If that happens I'll give it a play. :)

I don't think the problem is a bit disappointing state of the rerelease.
The reason for raging fans is something a bit different. No, not "don't you guys have arseh… phones" fail.

The problem is Blizzard's new EULA that says: "all your base belong to us". Any additional content created by players is automatically owned by Blizzard. Yes, wtf.
Even Bethesda didn't dare to enforce ownership on mods others created.

If one is unsure why is Blizzard doing this, the reason is dota. It was an usermade Warcraft 3 map that defined a new genre. Today LoL (Tencent/Riot) and Dota2 (Valve) are making billions. Blizzard doesn't want to see that happening again, thus they made the pwn content creators "contract" never seen before.
Additionally… The rumor is that at one point Blizzard wanted to hire one of original creators (icefrog) for their moba that was so bad noone remembers it today, but apparently he shown them the middlefinger. The fact is he went to work for Valve on dota2.

Do expect some bullshit, adverised by media as an apology that isn't an apology at all, from Blizzard's director just as with Blitzchung case. Soon.

Last edited:
I was considering buying it yesterday when I got a marketing mail from Big B.

a pibbur who is not considering doing that now.

I’ll pick it up at some point after the bugs are fixed. The missing features are MP features I don’t care about. I’d just play the SP campaign. I haven’t seen the new graphics yet but if they’re better or not is subjective so I’ll judge them when I see them.

It is amazing how something like this can be thoroughly messed up on release. If I do pick it up, I'll be waiting a few months so it can at least look worth playing.

Is this different from anyone else? I recall Bioware and Bethesda had ownership of mods in their EULA although Bioware devs mentioned that users could have some sort of copyright to their own work. Of course, the Bioware devs had a habit of not running things by their lawyers to consider consequences.

I do recall Blizzard trying to get ownership of DotA and DotA but they made the mistake of not having that in their rider.

How can anyone blame them, especially after what happened and the fact that other companies do it?

How can anyone blame them, especially after what happened and the fact that other companies do it?

People just love to complain. Especially about Blizzard. Remember how slammed Diablo3 got? Yet, it was pretty decent. Then, in typical Bliz fashion, the expansion improved it drastically.

If anything, I blame Valve for stealing Defense Of The Ancients and calling it "dota 2" which technically doesn't stand for anything but we all know it does. They had to strip so many Blizzard trademarks out of that game to release it.

Plus, if you did make a killer mod, sure, Bliz would own it, but I'm pretty sure they'd also hire you should they decide to develop it further. A job at Blizzard would be pretty good.

You all just don't understand Blizzard. They know their audience.

2lnn7j.jpg

Ah yeah the BlizzCon meltdown of 2018.:biggrin:

Sure, Diablo Immortal wasn't the announcement they were hoping for. But Diablo IV has now been announced and it was in development at the time of the Immortal announcement. Sure, it's kind funny, but, really, they're just being rude and obnoxious with their boos. A Diablo game made just for phones is a great idea and I'm sure it took many talented developers a lot of time and effort which is all being ignored by overly entitled jerks.

The fact is, all of these videos are absolutely loving the clickbait. People like bad reviews. Back when I read gaming mags as a child I was far more interested to read the 20% scoring reviews than the 60%. I'd say interest in reviews could be represented with some sort of inverse bell curve. A horrible review score gets just as many clicks as a fantastic one.

And we can see that in play here. None of you have actually played the game but you're loving the negativity. Are you really dumb enough to trust the idiot user reviews? I don't post user reviews, not on Steam or anywhere. As if you trust any review that posts 0/10. There's literally no quality first hand info in this thread. Just more very typical average joes jumping on the Blizzard bashing because it's fun. Bringing out the memes and shit. What a display.

Sure, Diablo Immortal wasn't the announcement they were hoping for. But Diablo IV has now been announced and it was in development at the time of the Immortal announcement. Sure, it's kind funny, but, really, they're just being rude and obnoxious with their boos. A Diablo game made just for phones is a great idea and I'm sure it took many talented developers a lot of time and effort which is all being ignored by overly entitled jerks.

The fact is, all of these videos are absolutely loving the clickbait. People like bad reviews. Back when I read gaming mags as a child I was far more interested to read the 20% scoring reviews than the 60%. I'd say interest in reviews could be represented with some sort of inverse bell curve. A horrible review score gets just as many clicks as a fantastic one.

And we can see that in play here. None of you have actually played the game but you're loving the negativity. Are you really dumb enough to trust the idiot user reviews? I don't post user reviews, not on Steam or anywhere. As if you trust any review that posts 0/10. There's literally no quality first hand info in this thread. Just more very typical average joes jumping on the Blizzard bashing because it's fun. Bringing out the memes and shit. What a display.

I found the guy with a phone!

I just don't want to live in a world where Blizzard sucks. I'm in denial. They were my favourite developer for ages. They're just in a rutt, that's all. Diablo IV will be the start of Blizzards return to form. It just has to be!

PS. I do have a phone but it doesn't have any games on it and I will never take it out in any social situation. I hate phone addicts.

Developers lose touch with their audiences though. Cultures within companies can end up being all about whatever the company is developing and promoting.

Again, I bring up the Bioware rep who was on these forums promoting the Sonic RPG on console here believing there were Bioware fans who'd buy any game with their sticker on it regardless of platform.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/...rd_is_offering_automated_instant_refunds_now/
think word should go out to everyone, everywhere.. Blizzard is giving out automatic refunds for Warcraft 3 Reforged now.. I pre-ordered the game in December 2018, played a bit through the beta (maybe like 10-15 hours) and after release I also played around 5+ hours. I refunded the game a few minutes ago within one minute, automatically.
Lemme hope this decision was the result of australian customer protection (consumer?) laws.

Meanwhile...
vnyoteypiqe41.png

Back
Top Bottom