2014 FIFA World Cup

My dog is also much, much more important to me than most human beings. But that's an emotional reaction.

Intellectually, I've seen nothing from humans that make them appear more worthy to be alive or to be treated well in death than dogs. In fact, I tend to think dogs are less harmful and selfish.

When I look at my dog, I get a piercing sensation because he's so innocent, loving and jovial - and I crack a smile just like that. Something which I rarely experience with human beings, I have to say.

That said, I'm probably not going to arrange a funeral. I don't know how I will deal with putting him to sleep when that time comes either, because I don't think I could do it. I'll have to persuade someone to help me with that.

The game yesterday was probably one of the biggest sensations in the world of sports, ever. I certainly can't think of anything more extreme. The greatest footballing nation on earth getting torn apart, at home, in a World Cup semi final. It's absurd.

I'm still shocked to be honest. Baffled. I do feel sorry for Brazil though, as this could very well ignite the riots and what not again.

Sometimes it's good to remember that football is just a game.
If you fail to win you get a chance in the next match, in the next tournament.

2006 Germany was defeated at home by Italy in the semis, they tried again 2010 and they try to win the cup this year, too.

My wife is German and I am part Dutch. Could be WWIII at our house on Sunday. Maybe the only time spousal abuse is allowed :)

Time for the dutch team to reach the final!

Although i am really a fan of messi, i still think robben made a better impression this tournament. So i hope he can make the difference again.

The netherlands against germany in the final, i cant wait!

Time for the dutch team to reach the final!

Although i am really a fan of messi, i still think robben made a better impression this tournament. So i hope he can make the difference again.

The netherlands against germany in the final, i cant wait!

isnt robben an actor?
i didnt know he played football

(just teasing :) )

C

Sorry guys, but I think Netherlands out… :p

EDIT: Yep! It's Germany vs Argentina now!!

History is not on the side of the Germans here. Argentina's going to win it!

Hopefully Di Maria is back for the final... Messi sorely needed him today.

...but how about that Mascherano !!! Robben constantly denied :)

I'm going for Germany since Argentina kicked Korea's a$s last world cup! :p

Damn, I hoped for the classic duel germany against holland; ah, well, let's see if we can break "the curse" (that no european team can win a world cup in america) this year :)

History is not on the side of the Germans here. Argentina's going to win it!

??? - Argentinia won 1986 against us, we won 1990 against them in the finals.
Since then we have beaten them on a regular basis.

I assume he's referring to the fact that no European team has ever won a Cup in South America. I think that streak is about to end though.

Untill 2002 no team has won on a foreign continent. Every series ends sooner or later. ;)

Such a boring game, neither Argentina nor Holland went for attractive football, but rather hunkered in front of their goals. Disappointing.

In the end I am glad it was Argentina though, I felt like they had the edge.

Now onward to Germany's 4th world championship. :)

I think Argentina will play very defensively-minded and it won't be a great game for the spectators as well. Germany won't have nearly as much room and time as they had against Brazil.

I consider the chances for a German win to be about 65:35.

Back
Top Bottom