Realms Beyond - Coming to Kickstarter in October

Now that pests have been dealt with, maybe moderation can make a new thread about the kickstarter of this game and your award (deserved!), with a slightly different title so we can burry this one?

"Realms Beyond Gamescom award and kickstarter"

That might be a good move, it doesn't look like (at least from what I see) that there is another or "general" thread for this game.

You are free to create your own general thread. This is a News thread. I am not going to fuss with those if it ain’t absolutely necessary. We are not bringing the same news twice.
I am sure there will be new major news soon.

Give it a few days and nobody will look at the pages 3-9 again. People will read the first postings, and the last, at most, so it is best to end with positivity and optimism. :)

Last edited:
So, since page 9 is already burned, lets give this another bump towards page 10

:p

So, since page 9 is already burned, lets give this another bump towards page 10

:p
Ok!

Sooo… Today I ate some daube de veau (blanket stew). Delicious! :thumbsup:

You?

I was trying! :biggrin:

Since this thread is back on track I can't wait to read Mythros article from Gamescom also. I'm still backing the game despite this PR nightmare, and wish them good luck.

I'll back it partly because of the same PR nightmare, I figure I'll give them some extra support because they resolved it in a way that was satisfying (to me anyway). If the price for two copies isn't too steep I'll sign up for that one. I feel I need to contribute to some Watch giveaways since I've received several games I've really appreciated while I've given nothing back apart from my presence on the forums, and that's probably something many (most?) of the members would be just as happy without…

I feel I need to contribute to some Watch giveaways since I've received several games I've really appreciated while I've given nothing back apart from my presence on the forums, and that's probably something many (most?) of the members would be just as happy without…

Your presence is valued greatly. Don't sell it short :)

If this turns out as good as it looks atm, I will also consider getting some extra copies for a Watch giveaway. For the Greater Good! :biggrin:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess I can drop the humble act then. 😉
Go ahead I found I quite enjoy being an ass sometimes on a few topics. :devilish:

As for not missing you on the forums that is false. :handshake:

Didn't quite have the patience to go through all the irrelevant political-standpoint-of-someone-we-don't-actually-know-rumors - but I can only repeat myself that this is giving me a Goldbox vibe, which is a very good thing - as Pool of Radiance is perhaps my overall favorite traditional CRPG.

Now, with that said, there's a difference between a vibe and something that's actually going to end up being the case.

Also, PoR came out in 1988 IIRC. I stopped playing Goldbox games right around the Savage Frontier series, so it's not like I'm in dire need of more.

But I'm definitely keeping an eye out for this one.

Oh, and as for DnD - anyone who knows anything about the fun of mechanics in RPGs should automatically understand why it's always interesting when a game says it's based around DnD.

If not, then it's back to RPG school for you!

Oh, and as for DnD - anyone who knows anything about the fun of mechanics in RPGs should automatically understand why it's always interesting when a game says it's based around DnD.

This. As much as I like PoE, my favourite character system in a party based RPG is still NWN2. DnD is stellar as long as it's implemented well.

DnD (or D20) is my favorite system as well. However I would have difficulties to name objectifiable reasons. What would "RPG school" teach here?

DnD (or D20) is my favorite system as well. However I would have difficulties to name objectifiable reasons. What would "RPG school" teach here?

Sometimes, not everything is to be taken literally.

I could go on at length about why having meaningful and impactful choices at nearly every step throughout your progression path is good for entertainment - but I will spare all of us that kind of sermon.

If you (not you, but someone) don't enjoy DnD, so be it. School probably won't change that.

So, it was just my way of making a point about personal preferences :)

- Less isn't always more.
- More is always more.
- Fun trumps balance
- Wielding a two handed weapon in each hand is moronic. And kind of awesome.

I never played any of Goldbox games but very much intrigued by them (very curious, but don't have guts to actually play them), so when people say Realms Beyond gives off Goldbox vibe, that made me even more interested :) (finally, pseudo Goldbox game I can play!!!)

I don't know what I would enjoy more, updated Goldbox games or updated Might and Magic games? They would both be on the top of my list and that is why I will help kickstart Realms Beyond.

Talking about Goldbox Games, here's our Gamescom Flyer (high res version here)

RealmsBeyond-Flyer2018-1024x725.jpg

I hope you are planning an actual "gold box collectors edition"-box version for the kickstarter! :)
Of course, a solid box including a printed Adventurer's manual, a cloth map and a coin.

Back
Top Bottom