Project Eternity - Updates, $4M Stretch Goal

Whoa, jumped over 20k in the last 12 minutes.

Finished at $3,986,929 from 73,986 backers. Along with the Paypal money that should be well over 4.1m and 75k backers.

The kickstarter just ended and including paypal it reached around $4.125 million.

Coincidence?

What's the deal with this? Does he not like the game?

It's possible his view of the game was tainted by seeing the unpatched launch version played by someone who also did not realize they could set the combat to something other than real-time? If that's what I thought the game amounted to I could see not wanting to play it.

xgIH1.jpg

I am totally going to go home and reinstall Arcanum now.

I do think its kind of hilarious that one of the fans posting in the live-stream actually sent them a rush order of booze from a local distributor.

I'm glad they broke $4M…That extra cash should really help to polish this game up and stamp out those nasty bugs.

I'm in at $150… boxed CE + playing cards.
In the past 6 months, I've pledged about $1K on Kickstarter for seven rpg and adventure games. I think I'll cool it for awhile, at least until I receive my first game.
Of course, if an Ultima, Wizardry, or M&M Kickstarter comes along, I just might break the bank! :)

What's the deal with this? Does he not like the game?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11iox8/we_are_chris_avellone_tim_cain_and_josh_sawyer/c6mt42a

The reddit AMA is where the idea started.
And he just never got a chance to play it.
I think he explains it better in some interview, but this is the best i could find.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/obsidians-chris-avellone-interview
Eurogamer: You've never played Arcanum?!

Chris Avellone: Well, look, in all the conversations I've had with Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, we've never discussed it. It's always been that way.

Eurogamer: The RPGCodex would be pretty cross with you, Chris.

Chris Avellone: I think they're going to be cross with me no matter what I do, and I've learned to live with it as long as they provide me with detailed critiques, because past all the profanity they'll spit out, they've actually got some good information on why certain systems are broken, and which ones aren't. Those are actually worth paying attention to, so I value those guys.

Eurogamer: So you read it, then?

Chris Avellone: Oh, yeah, sure. The two sites I usually follow are RPGWatch and RPGCodex. And there's one other site I follow, but it escapes me right now …

Eurogamer: Eurogamer?

Chris Avellone: [Silence.]

Please,if any PE devs read this heed my words.There is something lovely about the isometric infinity engine view and I feel that when you go into a conversation with an NPC that it should stay in this view.There is a negative immersion thing happening when the characters suddenly fill the screen when talking to other people.I wanna remain with the gods eye view to keep your head in one place and not suddenly becoming 1st person view when talking.DAO did this and I felt it detracted from the game by large amounts.

There is a negative immersion thing happening when the characters suddenly fill the screen when talking to other people.

A poll on this would be interesting - I play Jeff Vogel's games and REALLY miss the occasional close up for a special dialog. And can't imagine what I'd think of Morrigan if she was a 2D sprite.

Back
Top Bottom