NWN2 - v1.07 Premonition BETA Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
News via the NWN2 forums that the beta version of Premonition has been released:
The 1.07 patch has been released, but is currently propagating to the mirror sites. Once that is done, it will be ready to download.

It is configured as an executable file that will install the patch. There is also a revert patch available that will revert your game from the patched 1.07 Beta back to 1.06.
A quick look doesn't actually reveal any mirrors at this moment but we'll update later when we get the chance. Feel free to throw any links you find into the comments here.
Update: Get it from NWVault.
More information.

Excellent news! But I'll hold for the final release though.
But progress is progress :D

Just installed it. Doesn't appear to work quite as advertised -- I can't figure out how to rotate the camera in "tactical view" (and "player view" is god-awful).

I got it just fine. Also figured out the bit about the camera in strategy view -- I unchecked some options at random in the configuration menu, and lo and behold, the camera rotates. Character view camera is still gnorrible, spins around so bad it makes me want to hurl.

Yeah, got it in the end - might have been a dodgy router between me and IGN at the time. I haven't played much but just the AI on/off button and rubberband selecting is enough to make me happy.

I've had some glitching with the sound and the graphics, and some of the config options don't stick (e.g. disable sell confirm dialog). IOW this feels definitely beta.

I've had some glitching with the sound and the graphics, and some of the config options don't stick (e.g. disable sell confirm dialog). IOW this feels definitely beta.

And that is why I stopped fiddling with their beta patches ...

As usual, there's no word of the patch for the Polish version. Grr.

Dont find it any better.The ui is still annoious.The mini map is still round and too small!The font is too big and take up too much space,to scroll down and up frenquently is annoious.And when toggle off ui ,moving the mouse over the npc dont show up information,maybe the information is toggled off also,and clicking m dont show up the map.In nwn1,i can click h to toggle off ui,and click m to show the map.It make it diffcult to look for someone that clicking z dont show the name of npc.

There's quite a number of acknowledged problems with it that OE was able to duplicate thankfully.

The biggest suggestion for anyone having issues is to rename your folder in My Documents to something else (and make sure your Override and TLK directories are cleared out in the Program Files as well) then restart the game. I guess restarting the game creates a new instance of the My Documents folder.

From Rob McGinnis:

1.07 BETA Game Update "Premonition" Released

Ok, issue recap so far:

1. DM Client: Unable to make creatures run without possessing, using multi-select (Confirmed)
2. DM Client: Unable to make creatures attack without possessing, using multi-select (Confirmed)
3. DM Client: Chooser view will not focus on the current area, if the area is far down a list (Confirmed)
4. Stealth does not appear to be working (Confirmed)
5. Toolset: Desaturation filter does not appear to be working (Not an issue. Desaturation effects show in-game, not in toolset)
6. Low Light/Darkvision toggle does not appear to be working (Confirmed)
7. Options not saving for character mode (Confirmed)
8. Some Item Properties in toolset have text instead of numerical bonuses (Confirmed)
---------------------------
More:
I am still getting the exception error after the first screen of the Appearance Wizard.

I removed everything from my override directory, reverted back to 1.06, verified that 1.6 worked okay, then patched to 1.07. Same error I originally reported and has been reported by others.

Rob, please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help debug the issue on my end.

Thanks,

Jason.
---------------------
Nope. Known issue now. I'll be adding this to the list.
----------------------
More:
------------------
That worked for me as well, thanks
----------------------
I think I fixed the missing menu text issues.
------------------------
Renamed the neverwinter nights folder in My documents, then run the game, a new one gets made, and the menu screen works propperly.
I posted this once before for 1.07. I thought it was this thread, but perhaps not.
--------------
If you are having issues (especially missing text or textures), prior to posting in this thread, please rename your Neverwinter Nights 2 folder that is in the My Documents directory, then run the game again and try to reproduce the issue.

Last edited:
additional news from rob

1.07 BETA Game Update "Premonition" Released Part III

Another status report:

(I am having some issues with the database at the moment, so these are from memory)

1. Crazy colors in the toolset from day/night cycle (confirmed) - this occurs when you start the toolset with the day/night cycle already running.

2. Small races (Halfling, Gnome, Dwarf) move faster than medium-sized races (Confirmed)

3. Creature Appearance Wizard throws an exception (Confirmed)

4. Able to crit undead sometimes (Confirmed)

5. Additional toolbars not working correctly (Unconfirmed - unable to duplicate)

Back
Top Bottom