Druidstone - Level Editor & Modding Tools Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A Level Editor & Modding Tools are now available for Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest.

Druidstone has just been updated to version 1.2.0 with major new features: level editor and modding support. With the tools you can build new levels, add new weapons and equipment, create custom monsters and abilities. When you're ready publish your mod on Steam Workshop. With full Lua scripting support with over 2000 functions, the possibilities are almost endless.

[...]
More information.

Not sure this game is good enough to merit an editor.

Not even a RPG, more like a tactical combat game with certain sets of abilities. Very short, and very lackluster in general, though fun for a while if you're into challenging puzzle-battles and play at the highest difficulty. The level editor feels like waste of computer space, nobody cares about this game enough to edit proper levels, which potentially could prolong its short life. That is, if anyone cared about it.

Was interested in this until I read it was not an RPG and more of a puzzle game.

I was looking forward to this before it came out but like others, disappointed at the relative lack of RPG elements and further disappointed but the puzzle-like combat. I prefer more open-ended options in my tactical combat - not a bunch of pre-scripted must-do's.

Especially these days where there are a lot of much better games in this space. Hard to recommend this.

I got in and messed around in the editor for a little while, it's pretty easy to work with, and fun to mess around in.

I'm hesitant to go too far with it, before I beat the game tho - I've done that w/ games before and it ruins some of the surprises later during gameplay!

After my disappointment with the new Bard's Tale game last year, now I recall why I didn't grab this one: the focus on puzzles. Just not my cuppa these days.

Is there a Demo? I'm real curious about the level editor and maybe taking a stab at Lua.

Is there a conversation system or a journal?

The game isn't "focused on puzzles". There are three *optional* puzzle levels. It's a tactical combat RPG-very-lite game, but the tactical part isn't all that inspiring. So it's sort of tactical-lite too.

I was very disappointed in this game. I haven’t been able to stay interested. Many missions have reinforcements spawn in every few turns, forcing you to be very aggressive and rush through the level.

Back
Top Bottom