Crying Suns - Releasing September 19th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Crying Suns will release on Steam and GOG September 19th according to the latest update.

Release date + teaser 🚀

Greetings Space Adventurers!

We are thrilled to announce the release date of the PC version (Windows and OS X) of Crying Suns

Crying Suns will be available on Steam and GOG from September 19th

Those of you who have chosen the PC version of the game will receive a Steam key shortly before the official release of the game.

In the meantime, we invite you to discover our new teaser and to play the free demo available on our Steam page.

[...]

More information.

Hard to tell from their videos but will this game have ground missions to PlanetSide?

Last edited:
There are some kind of planet missions. You are able to send troops on a planet in form of an "expedition". But those are not supposed to be much like the space battles. There's a more detailed description of that on the Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106952529/crying-suns

Just scroll to the bold "Expeditions" heading.

I don't know much about this game, but there aren't a lot of decent space programs around to play, so I'll be checking reviews and seeing what people think of this one a bit after the launch has happened.

I have hopes that it will be good. Have to, because I backed it. At least this kickstarter seems to actually get released. Oh, and another one I supported is close to release as well: Aquanox Deep Descent (A grand-grand-grand-child of Schleichfahrt). Pretty excited here.

Maybe I'm getting better at guessing the likelihood of release... (after The Mandate, Sui Generis).

From this SHT nothing video nothing could be determined so I went to YT and skip-watched this one.
UI font family selection is unfortunate and the entire UI is bordering on mediocre. Combat is absolute disappointment: BOTCHED SHT.

I declare this very unskillfully made game A V O I D W A R E !!!!

Disappointment because of what expectations? That's pretty much what they've shown since the start of their Kickstarter campaign.

Played the demo, and it seems pretty good. It's a lot like FTL in some ways but with a different feel. I got strong vibes of Dune and The Matrix, and I like the overall tone and atmosphere. Will definitely be getting the full game.

Back
Top Bottom