D:OS2 Tips & Tricks thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shouldn't it just be Laser Ray everything? Even cooler when the character goes Mouahahah! (Lohse do at least).

There is a boss in the game that use Laser Ray and the lightning version (I don't remember the name)…super annoying.

No it shouldn't. It should if you took glass cannon so you have enough AP for an additional hostile spell, but glass cannon that can be charmed regardless of armor IMO is a huge no - it's not impossible to find mind immunity equipment and pots, but cmon that'd be a torment and not fun.

By the time you get to lightning ray trashmobs (constructs), if they even pose a threat, you'll be able to craft at least 4 Armors of Eternals.

Another tip, adds to fire/earth mage observation and mages in general.
You can't clear lava nor deathfog with your spellset. Tornado spell (air 3) does this. Don't worry, you won't need this spell till fourth island, and by that time you'll have enough points for that.
Some polymorph spell can switch surfaces, but I wouldn't go that direction as those still remain active.

Rember I'm playing a more difficult mode than you. I just find water and electric so much better than firevand earth. Even my Archer is kickn fire/earth. Just about done with island 2. Only had to cheese one1/2 fights so far and both were in ft joy.

You've got to be kidding me.
- human or undead mage, not other races!
- Savage Sortilege perk first, Mnemonic next
- INT all way up, a point or two in other attributes only when needed for equipment
- in combat use only wands or staves that give +% on crit chance
- keep gloves of teleportation always with you
- equip only wearables that improve +INT/WIS/pyro/geo/%critchance, at least one of these
- runes the same as above, +INT/WIS/pyro/geo/%critchance, forget the +% of phys/magic armor runes!

- when you get past Fort Joy, put a point or two into hydro as you need restoration to destroy undead trashmobs fast or buy/steal restoration scrolls

General strategy:
First turn Impale+Fireball when hostiles are grouped, Laser Ray when in line. If scattered also Laser Ray on whichever you find the most dangerous.
Second turn teleport trashmobs into burning area you made in the first turn or close to your melee DPS - try to teleport the trashmob ranged who teleported to "safety" as their escape mechanics is now on cooldown.
When needed hit a sidekick with fortify, haste or clear mind.

Exceptions are trashmobs highly resistant to fire or earth damage (for example a troll that is vulnerable only when hit by poison) so keep different wand damage types in inventory to use when necessary unless you learned a few hydro spells.

You'll be destroying trashmobs like crazy.
Okay, I'm playing on normal difficulty so I might be biased. Perhaps on tactician this won't work as efficiently.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean with accuracy vs dodge?
Roll on: accuracy - dodge?
Or roll on: accuracy * (1 - dodge)?
Or something different?

I'm guessing it's simply 120% accuracy - 30% dodge = 90% chance to hit. The roll would then be on 90%.

My characters all seem to have terrible dodge…how does one increase it? I assumed fnesse… Sebille has 31 or so at this point, and still not that great.

A few perks or via gear. However, like I said, accuracy starts at 95% before stats and such, so dodging a lot is simply not possible unless you use evasion or similar.

Rember I'm playing a more difficult mode than you. I just find water and electric so much better than firevand earth. Even my Archer is kickn fire/earth. Just about done with island 2. Only had to cheese one1/2 fights so far and both were in ft joy.
Eh? I'm not saying you shouldn't play any other element combos, my point was that fire/earth mage is a viable option. ;)
The game allows you to combine anything. Some setups perhaps don't feel as efficient as others, but the point is to take what you find more fun IMO. As long as characters aren't jack of all trades, IMO any setup will work.

Any news on the Mac port for this?
No. Probably won't be till they patch the game a bit more.

My characters all seem to have terrible dodge…how does one increase it? I assumed fnesse… Sebille has 31 or so at this point, and still not that great.

Dual wield grants a dodge bonus, but it will never get very high either.

The problem with insisting on having a dodging "beast" will sooner or later appear as liability. For example the sidekick witch when you engage lizard assassin on the third island - she's like "fu", teleports you into nearby lava pit, dodge 78345638456634% or no dodge, you're instantly dead.

Or remember those sewer spiders that fart deathfog when you kill them on the fourth island. Yea, get close and dodge that, pal!

Next time someone says we should not cheese trashmobs… Right. They don't cheese us, not at all. :D

The fourth island huge, huuuuuuuge, spoilers:
You may steal 2H scythe in the Arx cathedral, eastern cloiser (and I suggest you do it as soon as you enter Arx), here's the pic of it's location:

pic1.jpg

Comparing the two "ultimate" twohanders:

pic1.jpg

Note that Falone won't break if you use basic attacks with it while Anathema is restricted to skills otherwise it's gone. Falone has critchance % and set decaying chance Anathema doesn't.
Both have three rune slots to fill though.

Keep in mind that using Anathema is best if you previously talk as human to Lady Paulina Kemm and are nice with her story. What you get is these:

pic.jpg

O_O

I know, you want more of those "pots", right? The recipe you're after is in her room on the floor above, the kettle is in front of her. And you may buy more leaves from her - by not being human while talking to her!

The general hint for the fourth island. If I knew what I know now I wouldn't engage The Doctor as early as I did. You will receive an invitation to visit him at one point, just don't follow it immediately.

Basically, do not visit The Doctor before you explore everything in Arx (and before entering the tomb)! If only I knew I will get that recipe… Not to mention two +3 runeslots shields with superb effect…

Additionally, unlike nurses and undead, black ring casters and rogues are not immune to deathfog (although won't die till it's their move). While crates are heavy (200), a barrel of deathfog ain't so heavy (70).
So store tons of that bloody stuff on Lady Vengeance (rightclick in inventory) and strategize when necessary!

Last edited:
I basically stumbled upon the ultimate, end-game tactic. For anyone who wants a hilariously easy end-game, regardless of difficulty, read on (and no, it's not cheesy, like barrelmancy; it's all legitimate):

The key is double Lone Wolf with certain skills, especially Fane + Sebille (2nd character can be anyone, it's just slightly stronger with Sebille).

Fane
Turn 1:
- Cast "Time Warp" on Sebille.
- Cast "Haste" on Sebille.

Sebille
Required skills:
- Polymorph 5, Apotheosis
- Aerothurge 10+, Chain Lightning, Closed Circuit, Thunderstorm
- Either Pyro or Hydro at 10+, with either Hail Storm or Meteor Shower + Epidemic of Fire
- Lots of Intelligence, 50+.

Turn 1:
- Start by casting Flesh Sacrifice for 10% more damage and an extra AP. Due to Lone Wolf, you'll now have 7 AP (8 if Fane went first, otherwise you'll get those extra points later).
- Cast Apotheosis, which lowers Source cost to 0 for all spells for 2 turns.
- Cast Thunderstorm. Should do at least 5000 damage to all enemies for each turn the next 3 turns.
- End turn, but get a new, free turn due to Fane's "Time Warp".
- Cast Chain Lightning. Another 4000 damage or so. More with criticals if you have Savage Sortilege, which you should (grab an amulet with 3x sockets for +36% crit chance).
- Cast Closed Circuit. 5000+ damage.
- Everyone should be stunned now.

At the end of turn one, enemies should have taken about 15.000 damage, depending on criticals.

Turn 2:
- Everyone takes another 5.000 damage from Thunderstorm.
- Cast 2 out of 3: Meteor Shower, Epidemic of Fire or Hail Storm.

At this point, every enemy you have should have taken at least 30.000 damage from Sebille alone, despite having only been able to move once. The only enemy I know of that might survive that is a certain demon, but he'll still be stunned or frozen.

Of course, if you want to super cheese it, you can set up Fane in a similar fashion and cast Apotheosis before Time Warp, and then go crazy with him too, but it's hardly needed.

It's obviously massively overpowered, but it's still fun.

Nice strategy!

But why did you put all of it under spoiler?
Fane and his unique skill is enough to declare him a musthave either main or sidekick in any party. All you need is to decide who is your major damage dealer then buff them.
Note that there is also IIRC polymorph skill reset spell, I don't use it but will definetly on tactician replay - again on Fane. ;)

And you don't need lonewolf perk, read the last part of my spoiler above on why not. ;)

You've most probably gathered heaps of fish you don't use.
Voidtainted fish has three uses:
- an ingredient for tainted stew (second island quest item)
- an ingredient for Curse scrolls
- money earner on the fourth island - fill the barrel by the black mansion with voidtainted fish, cast Voidwoken Fish Exchange on this barrel and you get 1000 for each voidtainted fish (you can loot all those fish back as they get teleported in another barrel inside the black mansion)

So don't ignore those fish!

About the voidtainted fish exchange at the Black House…you can put anything into the barrel and it will get moved via the spell, including a pyramid…;)

Yes but you won't get the $ for that! You get money just for, well, spoiler!!!

I didn't try but it might be possible to double the money - I do have two scrolls, one I got from Driftwood fishery and another from Jahan. Will try it later and post.
If there is a method to craft this scroll somehow, I didn't find a recipe for it. Not yet at least - just as I thought Curse scroll isn't possible to make only to find a recipe later probably there is some combination for this one too. ;)

Did you guys fight High Judge Orivand in Fort Joy before escaping? I'm thinking I might be missing a lot of xp and loot. Should I go back and wipe out all the magisters in the Fort?

I cleared it at all at least, both times I played it. It's quite a bit of XP then and there, but I don't think it matters much in the long run. A single high-end monster gives you more XP than all the magisters combined.

I killed all magisters in Fort Joy before proceeding. Even those two with Han, after persusaion success and no XP I reloaded so I can kill them. I was bloodthirsty after I saw what are they doing to people. For the same reason there was no negotiation with Alexander or other magisters in general later in the game - I don't mind people being evil, but this is people being monsters.
Erm, wait, I didn't kill the magister girl who found out they messed up her father. But everyone else, including their dogs, were history!

Didn't kill neutral "slaves" of course, only a few aggressive ones I had to defend from.

As Maylander says, XP and loot from a few trashmobs is pretty much irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom