Demons Age - Delayed to July 14

Hell no. I'm not touching it. I'd advise others to stay away, too.

Just look at this quality dialogue and gameplay right here:

ss_760c3aaacf3c6fea765a0b8e1bf2be764d525186.1920x1080.jpg

That's from a screenshot that is supposed to help sell the game. I see SKIP and SKIP ALL are still the dialogue flavors of the day. There are no improvements in the UI, no visible way to alter your character's stats or skills, for example.

Here's some more of this developer's quality work.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/alekhines-gun

The real interesting question here is how they get all these games shipped on console, etc.. One of the real mysteries of the world. :nod:

Oh, and play Dungeon Rats instead. :thumbsup:

I might install it again if I read somewhere they actually worked on it more and if Path of Exile expansion was not being released tomorrow.
But I somehow doubt they did anything more to fix the game since the alpha some of us got access to so I am not really interested to test it for them more.

Well, I was one of the testers so I already have a copy. I could give it a look and see if anything has changed since last year when I played it. I already thought it was a fun AD&D combat simulator. It has stuff like 5' step to avoid AoO and the good old THAC0, or at least it did. Fluent is right about the game not being very deep though. It's mostly about fighting battles and roaming the world map from inn to inn. You take fed ex type jobs from the boards at those inns, iirc.

He's also very right that this game isn't worth anything like $30. Maybe $10-15 tops.

Well, I was one of the testers so I already have a copy. I could give it a look and see if anything has changed since last year when I played it. I already thought it was a fun AD&D combat simulator. It has stuff like 5' step to avoid AoO and the good old THAC0, or at least it did. Fluent is right about the game not being very deep though. It's mostly about fighting battles and roaming the world map from inn to inn. You take fed ex type jobs from the boards at those inns, iirc.

He's also very right that this game isn't worth anything like $30. Maybe $10-15 tops.
It did not have thaco. It was based on 3e D&D, not 2e D&D because 3e D&D allows people to use the system without needing to pay Wizards for it.

I could have sworn that there was a THAC0 stat on the character page. Are you sure? I'd hate to actually go look and be proven wrong. Ok, not really. The game isn't worth loading up ;)

It appears Demons age has been pulled from steam. I was just curious if it was discounted for the winter sale and it is gone.

I'm glad Fluent persuaded me to cancel my (optimistic) pre-order...

Well maybe you guys will listen when I spot these things. ;)

This whole shebang is not over, btw. :)

I read this as Bigmoon saying Bitcomposer gave them assets to pay their debts. The makers of Realms Beyond, who claim to be the main developers of Chaos Chronicles may be the ones responsible for the Steam injunction against Big Moon, seeing as they claim all the right to the Chaos Chronicles assets are theirs. Could be Bitcomposer was giving away assets that weren't theirs to pay debts owed.

This whole shebang is not over, btw. :)
Bigmoon have just posted a Steam update saying that they're going to replace all of the "disputed" assets in an upcoming patch - due in "a few months time"….

I think any RPG that is firmly stamped with the Fluent Seal of Scorn is almost certainly to be avoided. That's without considering the shady shenanigans...

Back
Top Bottom