Selling old "big box" PC games, where?

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭&#12004
Anyone know where i could possibly sell some of my old big box PC games?

Here's a few (edit: actually most)..:

sM3RYQc.jpg

YaJfDAt.jpg

xuVIOx8.jpg

Is ebay the only place or is there perhaps a specific forum or similar where people talk a lot about game collecting, old PC games etc, and where you can buy/sell?

Thanks

Last edited:
I doubt i'd find even 1 buyer in the whole of Sweden, its an extremely small market. But FB is probably good advice, there must be international groups too i bet.. gonna have a look, thanks for the suggestion!

Isn't Craigslist just a rather ordinary buy/sell page that happened to get huge? We obviously have buy/sell pages, but again Sweden is a way too small market for something like this, but i could try.. I'd probably have better success with ebay or FB..
Ebay is rather expensive to sell on from my experience though.

You could try it here as well - if it is allowed, that is.

Ebay is rather expensive to sell on from my experience though.

Ebay used to be a great platform for selling certain items, but the fees have become ridiculous.

I can remember when it used to be around 5% of the total sale to sell something on Ebay, but now it's something like 13% or more between Ebay and Paypal fees. I don't use them anymore unless it's a last resort.

Fees or not, you can make a lot of money on Ebay. They have the largest audience for whatever you're selling. Once-niche markets there are bigger than other sites' normal markets.

IMO, it's worth paying the fees for having your items exposed to a huge market. And this is coming from quite a bit of per$onal experience.

Last edited:
We have an auction site called Gumtree here… Maybe see if they have a local operation there - I believe they do operate in a number of countries although I can only think of the UK and Oz off the top of my head.

PS - I think I've still got the 3.5" floppies for TW2000 around here somewhere :D

Fees or not, you can make a lot of money on Ebay. They have the largest audience for whatever you're selling. Once-niche markets there are bigger than other sites' normal markets.

IMO, it's worth paying the fees for having your items exposed to a huge market. And this is coming from quite a bit of per$onal experience.

You're probably right. Either a small market and sell at lower cost (or just be lucky to be able to sell at all) or at a bigger market and you can ask a higher price.

Do you use auctions or "buy now" ? I think "buy now" is probably better for something like this. It will take longer but more people will be able to see the items too. With auctions i feel you can sometimes be quite unlucky because interest happened to be very low in that time frame.

You're probably right. Either a small market and sell at lower cost (or just be lucky to be able to sell at all) or at a bigger market and you can ask a higher price.

Do you use auctions or "buy now" ? I think "buy now" is probably better for something like this. It will take longer but more people will be able to see the items too. With auctions i feel you can sometimes be quite unlucky because interest happened to be very low in that time frame.

That's pretty much spot on. If you want a quick sale, an auction will sell it very quickly, but the selling price may be a roll of the dice (you *can* set a reserve if you really want, though.) If you want to be patient and get a better price, a Buy It Now is generally better.

You should also take a peek at whatever statistics you can find, such as the selling price of previous listings on Ebay (you can search sold items only) and note the prices of similar items that may be listed at the time you list. Basic stuff, but just be conscious of those factors and you'll be good to go.

But it's certainly worth it, IMO. More motivated peeps could make a very, very nice business out of it.

They have Swenslist. :p

We would spell it "Sven" ;) Common name for those who happen to be 80+ here..

Mohamed is a far more popular name now, so Mohamadlist or perhaps Gustavlist :D

I might be interested in "Veil of Darkness" assuming it has all the contents. Would you ship to New Zealand? Possibly interested in Prophecy as well but it is fairly low on my list of games to get.

I think you will be surprised regarding how many people in Sweden would be interested. We have less than 5 million people in NZ and there is quite a strong market for old big box games - you just have to find the right website to sell them.

I think you will be surprised regarding how many people in Sweden would be interested. We have less than 5 million people in NZ and there is quite a strong market for old big box games - you just have to find the right website to sell them.

I think Vurt is right, the market in Sweden is probably non existent. We're really fond of digital solutions here, I threw away all of my boxes years ago. It hurt a bit though.

No harm in trying though, there are always exceptions to the rule.

I might be interested in "Veil of Darkness" assuming it has all the contents. Would you ship to New Zealand? Possibly interested in Prophecy as well but it is fairly low on my list of games to get.

Yes i will look for some Swedish gaming sites, preferably with people in my age (40+ people) there could perhaps be people there, with some luck.

I PM'ed you with pics + shipping costs etc.

Back
Top Bottom