Dragon Quest XI - Definitive Edition on December 4

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Definitive Edition of Dragon Quest XI will be released on December 4:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Official Definitive Edition Announcement Trailer

The Definitive Edition includes all the content from the original release of the acclaimed DRAGON QUEST XI, and adds extra character-specific scenarios, the choice of playing with the original soundtrack or a grand orchestral version of the music, the ability to switch between 2D and 3D graphic modes, a Japanese voice-acting option, and much more.

More information.

Note that this version is based off the Switch release, which reduced graphical fidelity to make it run on that hardware, and they haven't tried to re-up the game to the original pc/ps4 release's specs. The difference is pretty notable if you look at the comparison shots: https://twitter.com/Mrcheese777/status/1286374606186655746

Awful. A definitive edition only for the inferior version?!

Wasn't this already released on the PC? As I remember Joxer gushing over one of these games. Anyway I could be wrong as so many of these games get released.

It's on PC but there's been lots of people really unhappy because the Switch version got new content and a better sound track. Now the new version is announced and suddenly the Switch's extra content is worthless and the sound track is just as bad. Gotta love the internet.

I read the article on PC Gamer and they point out that the game's FAQ says the graphics will not be updated but the resolution and framerate will be just as good as the PS4 version? So maybe texture resolution will fall behind? Or some particle effects??

Square/Enix really needs to clarify what they're doing.

The non-definitive version was available on MS Game Pass only a few days ago, but before I could get to it, it's been upgraded to the definitive version and now we have to wait until the 4th of December for the expanded but graphically inferior version.

It's on PC but there's been lots of people really unhappy because the Switch version got new content and a better sound track. Now the new version is announced and suddenly the Switch's extra content is worthless and the sound track is just as bad. Gotta love the internet.

I read the article on PC Gamer and they point out that the game's FAQ says the graphics will not be updated but the resolution and framerate will be just as good as the PS4 version? So maybe texture resolution will fall behind? Or some particle effects??

Square/Enix really needs to clarify what they're doing.

The Switch version looked worse due to removing things like global lighting and reducing texture complexity, so if they port it over as-is and you compare a PC/PS4 1080p frame from the old version and the new version you'll have the same resolution and framerate but the new version will still look worse.

Is worse graphics the end of the world? No, I've been playing rpgs since the CGA days. But it seems like a lazy port by S-E that I sure wouldn't pay full price for if you've played the original, so it's worth informing people.

(Also, if you had the original PC version there was ways to replace the soundtrack with the better orchestral version from the start).

Wasn't this already released on the PC? As I remember Joxer gushing over one of these games. Anyway I could be wrong as so many of these games get released.
Yes, DQ11 was released on PC and yes I posted after I finished it that many of it's designs are either outdated or design crimes, overall mediocre as puff-puff saves it from being an utter garbage and is a product best to avoid.
Disappointware.

Back
Top Bottom