Deltarune - Surprise Sequel to Undertale

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameCrate went hands-on with Deltarune which is reportedly a sequel to Undertale and released on Halloween.

Or at least, that’s what we all thought. Despite Toby Fox saying he was moving on to some new project, a new Undertale game entitled Deltarune was surprisingly released on Halloween. I hesitate to call it a sequel, or prequel, or spin-off, because quite frankly it’s not clear. What is clear is that the two games are connected, involving familiar characters, locales, and plot elements.

I’m going to do my best to not spoil things here, but I’m not even sure I can. You see, Deltarune isn’t a full game. It’s merely a chapter of what appears to be a bigger project. It lasts just as long as Undertale and has just as many secrets,

In Deltarune you take control of a new human (maybe?) and traverse a new world, a world of darkness, in an attempt to get back to the world of light. However, this time you aren’t alone. You have a party of friends and other characters with you, and this is where the game gets interesting.

[...]
More information.

Deltarune is Undertale with the letters rearranged. :)

Ha! Nicely spotted. I think I'll finally have to try Undertale at some point, since everyone seems to love it.

I uninstalled Undertale after 30 mins. Just not my cup I guess. People seem to love it, though...

Back
Top Bottom