Sacred Tears - High Quality Doujin JRPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I was sent a press release with information for a new JRPG game game called The Sacred Tears TRUE from Nyu Media, and AlphaNuts. Here in the information, and new video.

THE SACRED TEARS TRUE DEBUTS ON STEAM TODAY!

English language debut of the high quality doujin JRPG with innovative gameplay and a ton of heart!

Nyu Media is delighted to announce that the doujin JRPG The Sacred Tears TRUE made its English language debut today on Steam for PC (Windows), priced only $9.99.

THE CITY ADVENTURE IS HERE!
The Sacred Tears TRUE is a doujin RPG that blends the best of the JRPG genre with innovative and fun game elements, plus high quality art and music in one honest-to-goodness gem of a game.

Overview:

Seil and his childhood friend Seana are neophyte thieves in the Thieves Guild of Genoseed City. By day they work at their private investigation agency, “Millionaire”; by night they undertake missions across the city on behalf of the Thieves Guild. Sacred Tears TRUE is the story of these young thieves and their pursuit of dreams and adventure.

Sacred Tears TRUE brings both traditional JRPG elements and fresh and unique features such as a deceptively simple but deep card battle system, redistributable skill points, graphics by Takashi KONNO (Shichinin no Bukiya), and music by Hiroyuki Ojima (Accel World, When They Cry anime) and Shimotsuki Haruka (Atelier Iris, Ace Attorney Orchestral Performance)

Each of the 48 chapters in Sacred Tears TRUE comprises of a single mission or case. Each chapter is a standalone episode, but as the game progresses, the world and characters are further explored and the main dramatic story arc plays out.

Features:

• Quite simply one of the best ever doujin RPG and a must-have for any JRPG fan!
  • Fresh and engaging characters, stories, and drama – from comedy to romance to political intrigue.
  • Traditional and new JRPG features, including a unique card battle system, redistributable skill points, and multiway system!
  • Outstanding replay value: 24 main story chapters and 24 side chapters!
  • Chapter (5–30 mins each) format for easy play!
  • A treasure trove of beautiful, high quality character art by Takashi KONNO!
  • An exceptional original soundtrack by Ojima Hiroyuki & Shimotsuki Haruka!
Release Details:

Sacred Tears TRUE releases for the PC (Windows) priced $9.99 on Steam on September 25th, followed by the Humble Store, GamersGate, Desura and other leading digital distributors from the following week.
The Sacred Tears TRUE homepage: http://SacredTearsTRUE.com
Opening movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCAuVK_LgJU
Battle gameplay sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_fvKLgkCZM
More information.

It looks pretty good! Though I wish the main trailer showed some of the gameplay. It doesn't say much about the game except in an abstract story sense, and you have to go look on Steam if you want screenshots.

But that's JRPG trailers for you. ;p

Gameplay is shown here: you play cards

So it's like...the rock/paper/scissors thing like on D:OS? Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about that...

I think it is far more complex than the rock/paper/scissors thing D:OS - think of every card as a skill, spell or action.

I think it is far more complex than D:OS - think of every card as a skill, spell or action.

Ohhh, I see…

My knee-jerk reaction is to say "ihateit". But then if I really think about it, I suppose it's not much different than the old Final Fantasy-style battles. You plan your actions once a round, and you're not always 100% sure what your opponents will do, and how the timing will fall with your own actions. I guess it's not much different, but it seems different at first.

I'd be willing to try it. I know I love the SNES feel. :)

Back
Top Bottom