The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon - Official Trailer - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon - Official Trailer

Default The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon - Official Trailer

August 30th, 2020, 20:45
The game is a mid 80 game….it was good fun, not outstanding. I still am a bit wierded that some here think it is a 60% game, based purely on disappointment of what it is not.

I have the game through game pass, so I don't think I get this DLC….so probably won't play it at least for awhile.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

August 31st, 2020, 05:38
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
The game is a mid 80 game….it was good fun, not outstanding. I still am a bit wierded that some here think it is a 60% game, based purely on disappointment of what it is not.
Mid 80s? You must use a very generous rating system. To me, 8.5/10 would indicate well above average or close to outstanding. ToW is a 7.5/10 at best imo, which is still far from being a bad game.

The sad part is, it really could/should have been a great game. It's a cool setting with interesting places to explore, but it's marred by a terrible loot system and balancing. The writing also left a lot to be desired.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

August 31st, 2020, 14:19
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
One of the reasons is that everybody has a slightly different interpretation of score respectively a different mapping from a gaming experience to a score.

Similar to JDR, for me personally 8.5 is a score for a very good game. I scored TOW with a 7.75.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Crusader Kings III

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon - Official Trailer