Tactica World Premiere, first pre-alpha screenshots ever

Tactica: Maiden of Faith

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch
So, with plenty of time left of 2016 here they are ( feedback, both positive and negative is very welcome! )

MAKE SURE TO WATCH IN 1080p otherwise it won't look good.

First the guarded cave:
oc2xMj.png

Second is a fight in the forsest:
K5o9tx.png

Much more to come during 2017.

Last edited:
Blonde chick, is that Tactica? Like the models, though env feels a bit "empty".
I'll be damned( or still drunk), but those trees look a bit similar. ;)

As good as your word.

Cool beans GG. I like the tile-based approach. I'm assuming there will be large campaigns? Is this turn based? I'm getting an Ultima meets Goldbox vibe.

It is quite amazing that you could read so much into it from those screenshots, Ultima meets Goldbox vibe is very close to what I am aiming at + a bit of Ogre Tactics and some unique ideas.

Regarding the campaigns it depends on what one would consider large, but I would say not small at least. It'll have turn-based combat, I am going for a M&M 6 approach, where you can switch between real-time and turn-based at any time in game. Everything will take place in the same view, and there'll not be any loading times or black screen transitions.

Blonde chick, is that Tactica? Like the models, though env feels a bit "empty".
I'll be damned( or still drunk), but those trees look a bit similar. ;)

Well, yes, so far the main focus has been on the characters and character animations, the different environment tile-sets are quite lacking. It'd be great to have a dedicated 2-d artist for this, but those are very hard to come by.

As good as your word.

Very well said! Thanks :]

Thank you.

Wow, that looks amazing :) Its my aim to do a tile based game like what you have one day!

Are you doing both engine and art? I am very impressed by the quality of the art.

Possible to have screenshot with the UI in please?

It is quite amazing that you could read so much into it from those screenshots, Ultima meets Goldbox vibe is very close to what I am aiming at + a bit of Ogre Tactics and some unique ideas.

Regarding the campaigns it depends on what one would consider large, but I would say not small at least. It'll have turn-based combat, I am going for a M&M 6 approach, where you can switch between real-time and turn-based at any time in game. Everything will take place in the same view, and there'll not be any loading times or black screen transitions.

Excellent, we need more of those types of RPGs. Looking forward to this.

By large campaign, I mostly meant the tile based approach would make world building more streamlined and faster to build.

Wow, that looks amazing :) Its my aim to do a tile based game like what you have one day!

Are you doing both engine and art? I am very impressed by the quality of the art.

Possible to have screenshot with the UI in please?

We are a small team working on the game, most of the engine code is done by me, I don't have the skill to make such a art though, even if I have done a few concepts, modifications and tweaks to it, art is fun but hard. There is a another person responsible for that.

The UI is not yet in a state to show though... I'll post a screen once it is.

I feel bad now for not having helped the way I said I would have a few years ago…

Good luck GG :)

Don't worry, I know you are a very busy person, if you don't have time to dedicate to it is better to just say so. Sometimes I spend a lot of time to introduce someone and distribute work etc, only to find out they don't have the time needed to work on a game.

Excellent, we need more of those types of RPGs. Looking forward to this.

By large campaign, I mostly meant the tile based approach would make world building more streamlined and faster to build.

I agree, we do need more of these RPG's, and yes the world would be faster to build for sure. Also, it gives me possibility to relatively easily make a few puzzles and such, and allow for the player and NPC to modify the world.

Good to see updates! Looks great, GG :) A little jealous that you have skill + passion. I always wanted to get involved with game development but I have no relevant skills to get involved :(

Such a cute (but not infantile!) and memorable artstyle is always a plus.

You might try contacting Vurt, GG. He's an amazing flora/fauna guy.

Cool I just noticed this thread. Looking good. Of course more variety like stones, shrubbery, tree stumps, coniferous trees, etc. would make it more visually appealing, but it's off to a very nice start. The character models look great.

I just hope this game comes out before Grimoire.

Good to see updates! Looks great, GG :) A little jealous that you have skill + passion. I always wanted to get involved with game development but I have no relevant skills to get involved :(

Well, perhaps you can help with level design, combat system or quests. None is without skills I guess, especially not when you have played so many CRPG's. Be warned though it is very time consuming!

Such a cute (but not infantile!) and memorable artstyle is always a plus.

Thanks, this is kind of what I was aiming for.

You might try contacting Vurt, GG. He's an amazing flora/fauna guy.

Wow, haven't seen him in a long time. But I did ask him at some point, but he is too busy with other stuffs.

Cool I just noticed this thread. Looking good. Of course more variety like stones, shrubbery, tree stumps, coniferous trees, etc. would make it more visually appealing, but it's off to a very nice start. The character models look great.

I just hope this game comes out before Grimoire.

I sure hope it'll come out before that too…. it is frustrating that it goes so slowly.

Looks nice close up. Doesnt look as good in those tiny screenshots which you can click on. So make sure you click on those screenies!

I fixed the links, please check now. I think my bandwidth might have expired.

Back
Top Bottom