GRAVEN - Gameplay

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG GRAVEN has been announced for 2021:

About GRAVEN

A faithful priest of the Orthogonal order, exiled unto death for a crime in defense of another, you live again in a small boat, adrift in a swamp. A stranger ferries you to solid ground and bestows upon you vague instructions, along with a mysterious staff and book. Go forth, pious priest, alleviate suffering, uncover deceptions, and smash the eldritch perversions encroaching upon reality itself.

Some gameplay:

Trailer:

A marriage between modern development tools and techniques with a stark late 90s aesthetic bring the action first person puzzler GRAVEN to life, featuring character designs by Chuck Jones (Duke Nukem 3d, Half-Life) and the voice talent of Stephan Weyte (Blood, Fire Emblem, Dusk) in a dark yet distinct medieval fantasy experience.

• Solve puzzles and scour lore to uncover the motives of the foul heretical sects behind the plagues and seasons undermining the land.
  • Alter your environment with all that surrounds you, wielding spells and crystals to adjust as you see fit in your pursuit.
  • Discover new weapons and upgrade them at blacksmiths and alchemists to customize your capability.
  • Expand your horizons by returning to old stomping grounds with new abilities and seeing how far down the chasms go.
  • Slay over thirty distinct enemies in an ever broadening world across numerous biomes.
  • Walk the parallel path, lest you stumble into the recesses of the world, where the fog knows no light, and creatures beyond time roam free.
  • Earn your peace.
More information.

Well, this came out of nowhere and like that, its on my 'one to watch' list!

Its cool when developers seem to have a handle on the resources available to them and work within those limits.

Nothing wrong with old school production values as long as the game plays smoothly. Shame Underworld Ascendant didn't do likewise. A lot of people would have been more than happy with a deeper version of this promising title.

Looking forward to it!

I loved Hexen and Heretic as a kid and always wished they had more RPG elements. So Graven looks very good in that regard.

This looks like what Lands of Lore attempted when it moved from 2D static sprites to faux-3D. I hope it accomplishes as much, and more, than these 1990s games that tried to turn the RPG/Dungeon Crawling genre into a 3D dungeon crawl.

This looks like what Lands of Lore attempted when it moved from 2D static sprites to faux-3D. I hope it accomplishes as much, and more, than these 1990s games that tried to turn the RPG/Dungeon Crawling genre into a 3D dungeon crawl.

Ditto! I loved Lands of Lore II, even if it was flawed. This is near the top of my wishlist, now!

Back
Top Bottom