Mount & Blade - v.900 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Hmm...getting close to v1.00. Here's the deal from the Mount&Blade forums:
Hi everyone,

Version 0.900 is finally ready. This version adds many new quests, a brand new map, lots of new villages and castles, books, AI improvements, gameplay changes and much more! As usual, we release this version to you, our forum community before the general public, because it no doubt has its share of bugs and glitches and with your help and feedback we hope to fix those.

I want to thank our community and our board of moderators and administrators for their continuous help and support and making the forums such a great place and the central attraction of this game project. And let me use this opportunity to say welcome and thank you to our new administrators and moderators, Merentha, Volkier, Okin, Instag0. You guys are so wonderful. I am so very happy and honored by having you on board.

All members of our team worked very hard for this version. Our art team painstakingly modeled and furnished many new and great looking environments, Cem has implemented many new features and also added some AI code at the last minute, making the AI so much more effective and fun to fight against. Tassilo keeps perfecting and polishing the sounds. And Steve not only helped this version but he will have an exciting surprise for you very soon.

Finally, many thanks to mtarini for developing the method for creating good looking mountain ranges. He has developed many great improvements as part of TLD map beautification project and has a special surprise of his own as well.
icon_wink.gif

Now, if you are currently playing version 0.894, you can download and run the following patch (18.98MB) to upgrade to the new version:
from Filefront.
(Filefront will save the file as mountandblade_upgrade_0890.exe, but nevermind the name, it's the correct file.)

from Filecloud
from the Repository
Torrent by Jlgx50

otherwise, you can download the full installer below (118.47 MB):
from Filefront:

Please note that this version is not backward compatible with any previous version and you'll need to start a new game if you install it.

I wish everyone a great time playing version 0.900.
More information.

They really need to improve their save game system.

Anyone have anything else to say about M&B? Is it basically a combat simulation with a few 'RPG elements' thrown in? Do I want to play it?

It's damn fun. You can download it and play just like it were the full version, your character just can't go beyond lvl 6 until you register.

It's got better combat than any other RPG-style game, and it is really, really good. Take the battle scenes from Braveheart or any other of that kind of movie, and plop yourself into them, that's basically what it's like.

It's RPG-lite in some senses, but it's still kind of old school; at the same time, it's as fun for a few-hour session as any other game could be, and it's got character-building and you can eventually conquer the world, so it's got some kind of lasting appeal to it. You build an army, ally yourself with kingdoms, fight a variety of enemies, there's battle tactics, you're the general of your whole army.

Really, it's freaking great.

M&B is probably the best «knight» simulator ever done. Fighting is totally amazing and you actually feel like a minor noble riding across the country with a band of mercenaries, raiding enemy villages, caravan, fighting enemy patrols and war bands, rescuing allies. You can also decide to play more peacefully merchant who concentrate on selling and purchasing stuff.

It's one of the few games I purchased a few years ago and still play today. The game is evolving constantly and the modding community managed to really improve the game with mods such as «The last Days» which is based around «The lord of the Rings» or «Battle for sicily» which support probably the most realistic settings.

Not the type of game you purchase for the dialogues or the story... but if you want to try how riding can be done right (unlike the awful way it was done in «Two Worlds») at least try the demo.

it's a fun game and fighting from horseback is done brilliantly!!

Certainly has a lot of potential, still quite a few annoying bugs though. What I do is play it every 6 months as it normally takes that long till you get enough new features to warrant a second look. Looking forward to v1.0, maybe they will re-implement the full quest system in that.

Back
Top Bottom