TES Morrowind VS Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls: Other games and info
Daggerfall.

But if I had to choose between the two, Oblivion is much closer to Daggerfall so it gets my vote.

If you ask me, wait for the Morroblivion mod to come to its final stages, it allows you to import everything from Morrowind to Oblivion, but its incomplete at the moment, just pushing the land masses, npc and stuff with Oblivion creatures only, and no quests/dialog yet. Wait till its perfected :D Then you can have the best of both worlds.

Morroblivion? Sounds interesting. I might give it a go when its perfected. BTW who's making this mod?

Loki Hades;65227I said:
If you ask me, wait for the Morroblivion mod to come to its final stages, it allows you to import everything from Morrowind to Oblivion, but its incomplete at the moment, just pushing the land masses, npc and stuff with Oblivion creatures only, and no quests/dialog yet. Wait till its perfected :D Then you can have the best of both worlds.

Sounds awesome, but also sounds a little too good to be true. A massive task indeed it must be to attempt to do that, I wish them the best of luck.

I cancelled Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (my local online retailer having trouble getting the game) and so i ordered the Oblivion GOTY edition instead.

In my opinion:

- Oblivion was allright.
- Morrowind is the best CRPG released in the 2000s.

meh, I think its not that bad but its not that interesting either... being a busy person (Im sure you guys all are... but Im impatient as well) I dont like wasting time roaming abt random directions and nothing much happening. My character usually stumble herself in random caves and get ass kicked or get lost and try to find way out forever... Call me boring, but I'd rather go for something more linear with plenty of directions.

Morrowind is quite propably the PC game that I have spent the most time with.
And I loved every minute of it.

Yup, it was like this with me too. Oblivion had hold my interest for maybe a quarter of that time.

Out of all cRPGs, I spent the most time with Daggerfall (roughly 7 months from start 'til end of main quest) - then came Morrowind, and I spent 18 months with it and its two expansions. Not to mention that I played through the main quest(s) with another character afterwards, and I played my favorite abridged game of 'house-collecting' (i.e., acquiring and decorating all the houses available by natural means) twice after it.
Playing through Oblivion with my first character took me... hmm... maybe a month? I started two other run-throughs with assassin and mage characters, but there I did the guild quests only.

now that's where I draw the line, I just cant do Daggerfall. Got a good deal on a used copy, tried it, and after a while was like "why the hell am I playing this!"

Put it on the shelf, maybe I'll fire it up when I'm 70 or something and need to kill like a year

Daggerfall has some pretty annoying bugs on faster systems, especially one where you (inconsistently) wont be able to pick up quest items from the floor. I quit the game due to that.

Does anyone know if that problem persists if running the game in Dosbox? I've had speed issues on a P2-233 with windows 98.

Otherwise it (much like Darklands) suffered a bit from being Elite with Swords. Even if some quests were excellent it breaks immersion to kill the treacherous lord Kavar or retrieve Siegfrieds Tarnhelm more than once...

Daggerfall was a great game at the time. I tried to recapture the magic recently and have managed to struggle with it for maybe about half an hour. While I still think that gameplay can stand up to many RPGs released today, game engine and graphics are ancient and very clunky by modern standarts. I'd rather have my memories :)

I played daggerfall on my 300mhz celeron dedicated-dos-gaming-comp in late 2006.
I installed the latest official patches and also some official thing that added more quests or something. I played in pure dos using the no-cd patch. (I always do nocds, I dont like the noise that the old CD-rom drive makes)

I had no problems whatsoever. I played it for weeks and only encountered one major bug, but I just reloaded and the problem was gone. No tech problems or anything like that. And I loved the game and loved playing it. It was my first daggerfall experience too. The graphics were fine.
But then again... I played and finished Might & Magic III last summer and absolutely loved it too.

I did not "finish" the game. I did a ton of quests for the thieves guild and just bought things. I'm gonna play it again soon, it's so much more fun than most games released in 2007 or 2008.

Daggerfall was cool. It deserved to win a major award. Not sure which one, but major.

Ted Peterson's lore should have got an award. I don't think any game's lore has created such interest as what Ted developed for Daggerfall (there were probably other writers on Daggerfall but his name comes to mind).

Back
Top Bottom