Mass Effect 3 - "Multiplayer is a good thing" @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has an opinion-piece on Mass Effect 3, explaining why they think the addition of mutliplayer could be a positive:
It Could Improve the Core Mass Effect Gameplay
Mass Effect 2 was an improvement in most ways over its predecessor, from the interface to the basics of gameplay. However, the combat, while improved, still didn't feel quite as strong as it should. The combat was never the most important part of the Mass Effect experience, but that could change with the added multiplayer element.
Mass Effect 3's co-op will be a combat-heavy experience. Therefore, it's safe to assume that BioWare will be going through the game's combat and tightening up what wasn't so great before to make for a better combat experience. This will carry over to the single-player campaign, so we can expect ME3's combat to be generally better than what we've seen in the past.
While we're on ME3, BioWare has a new PulseTV episode that looks at the combat:
If you missed the Mass Effect Collector’s edition video that went live last week, today’s BioWare Pulse will show you all of the amazing things you will get if you pre-order it today.
You will also get to meet Eric Fagnan, Mass Effect 3 Gameplay Designer and Corey Gaspur, Mass Effect 3 Combat Designer as they take you into the new features around combat. Learn about the new and unique heavy melee attacks that each class gets and take a sneak peek at the Vanguard and its new power Nova.
This is definitely an episode not to be missed!
More information.

Now you see the difference between this site and IGN. ;)

That's why, aside from this clumsily tacked on multiplayer sillyness, I was somewhat hopeful about ME3. They made weapon upgrades more a matter of customization rather than flat "x/x" make it better collectables. They returned at least some of the complexity to the character/class upgrades (and seem to have increased the number of upgrades for them.)

I still am looking forward to it, but mostly because I want to finish out the story of my sheperd. Bioware has been doing and saying some strange things these last couple of months though - almost as though they all kind of lost their minds when DA II was in development. Kind of makes sense then that the theme of that games principle city (much of the denouement of which was cut due to time constraints) was madness.

ign, a corporate tool for ea? How dare you, rupert murdicK loves your money! ;)

I just want to finish the the trilogy that's all. All Bioware news from this past year makes me shake my head every time I read it.

As for IGN any person who visits there site and believes anything they say all I can say is what the hell is wrong with you. They lost credibility a long time ago.

As for IGN any person who visits there site and believes anything they say all I can say is what the hell is wrong with you. They lost credibility a long time ago.

Yes, but I fear that the masses out there don't know it.

So they had a game where "The combat was never the most important part of the Mass Effect experience" and they are going to "Mass Effect 3's co-op will be a combat-heavy experience" so a different genre of a game . The use of a known title is just deception ?

Back
Top Bottom