Din's Legacy - Announced for Q4 2018

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Soldak Entertainment announced Din's Legacy for Q4 2018:

Din's Legacy

Din's Legacy is an action RPG with mutating characters, set in a dynamic, evolving, fantasy world for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

During the Orc Schism, the entire Orc race was violently split into Dark Orcs, Zombielords, and the Mutated. The Mutated are tainted with Orc blood, a zombie parasite, and necromancer magic. This makes people seriously mistrust and even fear them. The fact that they slowly mutate over time makes it even worse. Who is going to trust you when you grow horns overnight?

Despite all of this, the Mutated are actually more closely related to the Elves, both their behavior and physically. They want to prove this to the world, but they are facing a tremendous uphill battle.

The trickster god Din was intrigued by their chaotic mutations and burning desire to prove themselves to the world. Always in need of champions, he made a pact with the Mutated. Each volunteer would become one of his champions trying to save the world wherever Din sends them. In return, each time they die in his service he resurrects them to continue their service.

Din's Legacy, as well as the Mutated's and yours, are all in your hands! Can you be the Champion that is needed?

Features

• Experience your character mutating over time for good and bad
  • Guide your character's evolution (choosing/improving skills, suppressing unwanted mutations, etc)
  • Use mutation points to mutate your character towards another character or sub-class
  • Uniquely created worlds for every game, with different scenario, win/lose conditions, areas, monsters, items, and quests, give the player a new experience every time
  • Explore a dynamic, evolving, living world
  • Your choices truly impact the game
  • Co-op multiplayer to adventure with friends
More information.

While i think the gameplay ideas are pretty interesting, what i would really like to see is a big investment into the engine (Graphics, UI, Presentation, etc..)

Hope he finds the time and money to do that. (Small kickstarter?)

i like soldak games (some more than others) and i'm quite interesting in this one.

For the love of all that is great gaming, I hope he updates the engine or just invests into better graphics at least. I'm SURE it'll more than pay for itself in the end

While i think the gameplay ideas are pretty interesting, what i would really like to see is a big investment into the engine (Graphics, UI, Presentation, etc..)

Some of the graphics changes so far: we've changed the color style (more saturated look), the terrain now has varied height (hills, valleys, etc), and shadow mapping (self shadowing, shadows on everything not just the ground, etc). Personally I think these make the next game look much better, not AAA or anything, but much better.

So how does this differ from the orignal ?

If you mean Din's Curse, then a ton since that is now 3 games ago. Pretty much every system has been improved on since then.

Gameplay wise the biggest differences are that in Din's Curse you could choose a full class or any 2 specialties, your win condition was always solving all of the quests, the lose condition was losing your 3 main quest givers, and the world was just a town and a dungeon below it.

Whereas in Din's Legacy, you pick 1 specialty, your character randomly mutates over time, you can mutate your character with other specialties or characters to evolve your character in any direction you wish, the win/lose conditions are different for every new region, and the world can contain many different environments and multiple towns.

If you mean Din's Curse, then a ton since that is now 3 games ago. Pretty much every system has been improved on since then

Thanks for the updates and clarifications Steven! Definitely looking forward to this one.

Some of the graphics changes so far: we've changed the color style (more saturated look), the terrain now has varied height (hills, valleys, etc), and shadow mapping (self shadowing, shadows on everything not just the ground, etc). Personally I think these make the next game look much better, not AAA or anything, but much better.

Thanks, sounds good.
Don´t forget the UI. Fonts sizes and colors are too mixed (for my taste at least)?

Back
Top Bottom