ELEX 2 - Announced for 2020?

That was the info I was looking for. I think Gothic 2 is absolute trash, so probably Elex, which never vibed with me is total trash too.

Their best games are Gothic 1, Gothic 3 for the amazing landscape graphics watching the wolf hordes run in the distance and Risen 2. IMO

Probably not the most common opinion of G2 and Risen2 around these parts but everyone has their own point of view. For me, I liked G2 but not ELEX. I think one of the things about ELEX is the protagonist. I just can't get into playing as him. He's too serious, soulless and boring.

Mercy tries a little too hard to sound edgy sometimes. :)

Gothic 2 + NotR is still the peak of Piranha Bytes for me. I thought Elex was their best game since though.

Elex is the best RPG PB made since Gothic 2 IMHO. I put 120 hours into the game and explored every nook and cranny of it. I hope the sequel will arrive ij 2020. As for Gothic Remake, PB should definitely involve in it with the consultant role at least.

I managed to get 175 hrs in.
So many negative reviews at the time of release, sometimes you just have to go with your gut instinct.

Elex is really good, if you've ever cared for any of PB's earlier games, I highly suggest picking this game up at some point. You'll thank everyone who suggests the same, believe that!!!

Don't you love announcements that announce there will be an announcement of an announcement that will tell you when the next announcement of an announcement will occur ?

To make things clear:

announcement (plural announcements): See announcement.

a pibbur who is a pibbur

Finished Elex in 99 hours on hardest difficulty. Loved it, but it's just way too long to replay with a different faction.

Think it's time to re-play Elex. Might go Berserkers or Outlaw route this time.:thinking:

Q: Is Piranha Bytes involved in the project?
A: No! Piranha Bytes is working hard on a different project, which will be announced in 2020.
Gothic 5.

That was the info I was looking for. I think Gothic 2 is absolute trash, so probably Elex, which never vibed with me is total trash too.

Their best games are Gothic 1, Gothic 3 for the amazing landscape graphics watching the wolf hordes run in the distance and Risen 2. IMO

well its still a PB game. for me, Gothic 1.
still a clear winner in immersion and plot. between all risen, elex and other gothic.

elex, still a PB game, better than risen.
you still need to put like 10-20 hours until you find yourself thrilled. because the curve is usually steep with PB, they kick your ass first, then after mid game you start really pay back big time. that's PB style.

the plot is allright, the settings are really unique. the ideas are cool, and dialogs are allright too. worth the time IMO considering what other in depth RPG there are out there right now? don't think there are at all, which are worthy. all kinda hack and slash weak clones. that feels like the empty worlds of MMORPG. which with PB never felt anywhere like this.

This has the potential to be really good.

While I had my issues with Elex, it was still the most interesting PB game since G3.

If they can tune it a little - and just expand upon it, I would be happy.

One thing I think would improve their games tremendously would be better voice acting - and more diverse voice acting.

Of course, for that to really help - they'd also need to do something about the overall dialogue sequences - which are outdated and static compared to modern competitors.

I know that's not the PB tradition - but I honestly think their stories and characters are quite interesting - and it might surprise a lot of people just how good those aspects can be if they focus on presentation a little more.

Expensive, yes, but they don't have to go all out. Just up their game a little in that way.

Just finished another playthrough of the first one and looking to see if 2 is out soon. Seems as though very little has hit the web on the follow up so unlikely to be this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all we have are rumors, vague forum posts, and some early confirmation from the developer. That's about it from the the last few years right?:(

I know Gothic is also getting a remake but that's a different developer.

Perhaps they're waiting with the announcement until the CP77 hype ebbs up.

So perhaps around Christmas?

Back
Top Bottom