Witcher Lost several playing hours....

The Witcher

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
Oh bugger.

My DVD drive went out a couple weeks ago as some of you know. In the meantime I have been playing TW using a no-cd game crack. As I result I couldn't patch up to 1.2 or I would lose that ability.

I installed my brand new drive this AM and tested it. Then I patched TW up to version 1.2. Little did I know, however, that my no-dvd fix had switched the 'saves' directory to the 'data' directory of the game itself (as opposed to 'my docs'). When I installed the patch, for god knows why, it deleted those saves.

Fortunately I had backed up my saves in another location when I started having problems with my drive, but I still lost hours worth of playing time - 3 Hero leve-ups, multiple quests - Uncommon Wine, Lionhead Spider, Vizima Confidential, everything I did in the swamp, etc...

So I now have to backtrack a good deal. Very frustrating... just needed to vent.

Ouch, sorry to hear it, I had restarted so many times due to quest problems I finally started keeping a major save at the start of each area and I don't overwrite especially skipping the Prologue, starting in the Inn.

Back
Top Bottom