Realms Beyond - An Adventurer’s Tools

There was a strategy game by some russians in mid 2000 that had fantastic interaction. Shoot the legs out of a tower and it falls. Well ok perhaps not the same kind of interaction. Hum what was the name - silent storm? Oh well. don't remember the interaction in divine divinity and orignal sin - well they were formula - i wouldn't really call that interaction....

They kind of succeeded with it in Divine Divinity … Ever made real honey yourself in an RPG ? I really loved that part. Or dishwashing as a quest ? :lol:

Silent Storm was amazing. Besides the Panzerkleins anyway.

edit: Wouldn't call it a strategy game though, it was like JA2. So, "tactical RPG" perhaps.

Last edited:
What is a Panzerklein ? Literally translated, this means "tanksmall".

What is a Panzerklein ? Literally translated, this means "tanksmall".
Yep, "small tanks" is what it was supposed to mean I think. They were powered armor suits. Keep in mind this was a WW2 game, so it was kind of silly.

Will this game done, even with no crowdfunding campaign success?

Most likely not as full-time indie project anymore but as side project. But that would take much longer to complete because we all need to get day jobs again.

More important: If we can't reach our goal of approx. 2500 backers, we need to accept the fact, that the target audience is much smaller than expected. In that scenario, the project won't be financially sustainable for a team of 10-15 devs like us in long-term.

But let's wait how it goes, I am optimistic, even without any visibility on mainstream gaming sites.

But let's wait how it goes, I am optimistic, even without any visibility on mainstream gaming sites.

I have been wondering about that. Did you contact them or not at all?
I saw some news bits on German game magazin sites (Gamestar, PC Games) but nothing on international sites like PC Gamer or RPS.

I have been wondering about that. Did you contact them or not at all?
I saw some news bits on German game magazin sites (Gamestar, PC Games) but nothing on international sites like PC Gamer or RPS.

I contacted some personally, let's see what they can do (usually not much because magazines often cooperate with PR agencies only).

But in general, it's very difficult to motivate them to reporte about running Kickstarter campaign.

To be honest I think the video streamers would be a better bet than the major magazines. Those seem to get instant reaction also if you could get xile, larian, Chris Avellone, or similar to endorse the game that would help. I'm not sure if any of them have actually viewed the game at the various game shows and it would have helped to get endorsements before the kickstarter rather than near the end but .....

I contacted some personally, let's see what they can do (usually not much because magazines often cooperate with PR agencies only).

But in general, it's very difficult to motivate them to reporte about running Kickstarter campaign.

Those seem to get instant reaction also if you could get xile, larian, Chris Avellone, or similar to endorse the game that would help.

Unfortunately, I don't really know any of them in person. Met some of them at the GDC, but never face to face.

Well, my personal impression was that at least a few publishers / developers at the Games Com even knew RPGWatch. That the Watch knows about the game and writes about it / the developers could be an entry, I guess …

Well you could always try Twitter it usually gets their attention.

Brain Fargo - https://twitter.com/brianfargo
Swen Vincke - https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian
Chris Avellone - https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone
Feargus Urquhart - https://twitter.com/Feargus

Just make a small tweet about your project.

I am following them since years, but it doesn't feel right for me to tweet them obtrusively to look at our project.
But, I would honestly know their opinion about the campaign in general. We came late to the old-school RPG revival party and our game isn't at the same production level as Larian&Co, but I think, we share the same intentions.

Btw, a new update is there.

@HobGoblin42; You may want to contact Cliqist if you haven't. http://cliqist.com/developers/ They only cover indie / crowdfunding games so much more likely to do an article than mainstream sites. I did send a brief note about RB but perhaps it would be better if they hear directly from you.

Backed for the Boxed edition. Can't resist adding that box next to my complete gold box collection.

To be honest I think the video streamers would be a better bet than the major magazines. Those seem to get instant reaction also if you could get xile, larian, Chris Avellone, or similar to endorse the game that would help. I'm not sure if any of them have actually viewed the game at the various game shows and it would have helped to get endorsements before the kickstarter rather than near the end but …..

Wasnt Gronkh very fond of old CRPGS? He is also 40something so he should the right generation to know them from his youth. Otherwise a streamer specialized in this genre? dont know one cause I am more in the PnP branch of RPGs

Wasnt Gronkh very fond of old CRPGS? He is also 40something so he should the right generation to know them from his youth. Otherwise a streamer specialized in this genre? dont know one cause I am more in the PnP branch of RPGs
I don't think he is playing such games anymore. We have some contacts to streamer already but the game isn't polished enough to give out alpha versions for YT.

Btw, a new micro update. If you like maps, check it out.

I don't think he is playing such games anymore. We have some contacts to streamer already but the game isn't polished enough to give out alpha versions for YT.

Big twitch streamer CohhCarnage likes these games and likes to support their Kickstarters.
He is just playing Pathfinder Kingmaker that he was also a backer of.
Maybe you can contact him and he gives you a shoutout. If nothing else, other people will notice you through him.

That's a really good idea for a stretch goal; one of the better ones I've seen. Her work is impressive.

Back
Top Bottom