Hogwart's Legacy - Announced

Not a fan of Rowling, though the movies were tolerable. I found her writing sourcing cheap village gossip, useless literature. Still, she made her own fortune and if I had that much money, I would do exactly like her: trolling the stupid idiot LBGT wretches, who are a minority and hoping & imagining they are anything else.

Justin Bieber made a fortune with garbage music. Being successful as an artist has less to do with the quality of your product, and more with how uneducated and easy to woo is your audience in the current world.

Imagine saying that you are born as either a male or female and that surgeries that change that doesn't erase those basic facts.

Justin Bieber made a fortune with garbage music. Being successful as an artist has less to do with the quality of your product, and more with how uneducated and easy to woo is your audience.

Oh please, the books were well written and were mostly written for a younger audience. This crazy thought that because they don't match literature of the past or some more mature book series they somehow are made lesser is ridiculous.

I really enjoyed reading them, it was interesting watching harry grow up in the books. I think it almost had a nostalgic feel, like this could have been an 80's series. They were enjoyable light reads that many enjoyed.

Well I just read that Kotaku article and all it's comments still hilarious.

I wish I could tackle the stupidity of people by laughing. Sometimes I manage but reading the text you linked mostly makes me feel sick. People just can't keep art and politics separate...and these days everyone gets their voice heard. An equation that rarely ends well.

PS. Those who say "I never read Harry Potter books and never will", give them a chance ;) I was once like you until I read one and realized that there is a reason why they are so popular.

I really enjoyed reading them, it was interesting watching harry grow up in the books. I think it almost had a nostalgic feel, like this could have been an 80's series. They were enjoyable light reads that many enjoyed.

Yeah, what I liked about them was that it felt as if they scaled to the age of the protagonist. They started as children's books and ended as teenager's books. I normally hate all the stories aimed for teenagers, too sweet to my taste, but I found these books well written and did not get as annoyed as usual. Most fantasy books, even the popular ones, are kind of garbage literature when you start thinking too much how they are written.

I wish I could tackle the stupidity of people by laughing. Sometimes I manage but reading the text you linked mostly makes me feel sick. People just can't keep art and politics separate…and these days everyone gets their voice heard. An equation that rarely ends well.
About a year ago I used to take this stuff way to serious and personal. :)

I use to read and watch to many political videos that it started to drag me down the rabbit hole. Now it's just chill and laugh at the stupidity of mankind nowadays.

I haven't followed the whole Potter issues, don't really care, beyond knowing it exists.

I do find it interesting how many here like to slam minorities in general which is always easy to do when your one of the clueless majority folks who wouldn't know oppression or what it is like to be in a minority if it kicked them in the face. Typical behavior from those who simply don't get it as being in the majority means they lack the experience to get their tiny minds around it.

Also had to laugh at the utterly idiotic statement that art and politics are unrelated. Shows yet another clueless person who has no understanding of art in history and how it is often tied to politics.

At this point you have to just sit back and laugh at all the idiots.

Also had to laugh at the utterly idiotic statement that art and politics are unrelated. Shows yet another clueless person who has no understanding of art in history and how it is often tied to politics.

You may laugh as you wish. Please reread what I wrote (hint: "can't", not "aren't", or any other statement implying a fact). To me, you appear as the cocky "knows everything" type which puts you on the same level with the commenters you despise. I do agree with most of it, though. Just get rid of that cockiness. We really aren't any better than the others. Commenting on some meaningless discussion forum online…Should have better things to do with our lives ;)

Oh please, the books were well written and were mostly written for a younger audience. This crazy thought that because they don't match literature of the past or some more mature book series they somehow are made lesser is ridiculous.

I'm sure 15 year old fangirls also enjoy listening to Justin Bieber and will defend how his songs got more mature as he aged. It's still garbage music for a low intellectually demanding audience.

Still, nothing wrong with liking garbage stuff. It sells for a reason. Like McDonalds sells millions more burgers than real good burger restaurants. It's just a shame that the reason for stuff sells more usually isn't the quality of it.

You may laugh as you wish. Please reread what I wrote (hint: "can't", not "aren't", or any other statement implying a fact). To me, you appear as the cocky "knows everything" type which puts you on the same level with the commenters you despise. I do agree with most of it, though. Just get rid of that cockiness. We really aren't any better than the others. Commenting on some meaningless discussion forum online…Should have better things to do with our lives ;)

Calling out racism or bigotry is never meaningless IMO.

You are also projecting your own emotions onto my post. I know very little but I do know art and politics have long been intertwined. That isn't knowing everything that is simply understanding how artists will use art to make statements or can be influence through political climate.

So no, I don't think anyone is better than another but people should be treated fairly, even minorities.

To get back on topic - I think the video looks great - very high fantasy stuff which is one thing I always liked about the series. I have only read 4 of the books and seen one movie. It was fun but didn't snag me like others.

The game looks more like an action story or adventure story and less an RPG but time will tell.

You are also projecting your own emotions onto my post. I know very little but I do know art and politics have long been intertwined. That isn't knowing everything that is simply understanding how artists will use art to make statements or can be influence through political climate.

Right, to close off this pointless argument, because we seem to agree, but are just picking on each other's language: I did not explain properly and expected you to read the meaning between the lines. What I wanted to convey was that consumers of art should focus on the essence: the piece of art at hand. Or alternatively on politics and opinions, which are important as well. Mixing an artist, own or imagenary political views, and the art is just pointless as a consumer. Unless the reason is clear from the piece of art and mostly it is not: was the point of Angel of Death to sympathize Mengele as many bigots claimed? If you listen to the lyrics, it becomes pretty clear it wasn't, which is a reason why I like the band: they provoke idiots to become bigots by just observing their environment and history. To me pretty much the same thing is happening here and in rubbish article @Couchpotato; linked. The history of twisting the original meaning of art is probably as long as the history of art itself (one example is the Nazi conception of Entartete Kunst; see how they used similar-level arguments than some people on this thread and that rubbish site Couch linked). I am pretty sure Mrs. Rowling had no meaning of writing Harry Potter as an anti-transgender story. Even if she did, I don't care. Her opinions do not matter. What matters is our collective stubidity online. It disturbs me.

Anyway, this is drifting far although Nazi's were probably an inspiration for the death-eaters in Harry Potter. I am looking forward to this game (if it will be an RPG and a good one).

Last edited:
This discussion belongs to the politics and religion section. I really don't come here for that.

On topic: not really a fan of Harry Potter. I was the right age when the books and movies came out, but they never really got me that excited. I remember the game on PS1 being fun, but that's about it. Still, I see the potential in the setting, I really like that Victorian England/modern setting mix.

This discussion belongs to the politics and religion section. I really don't come here for that.

I do generally agree, and think threads that digress into political bunfights should go into P&R. But I think sometimes there are issues around games that are hard to avoid - such as where the question of Rowling's involvement and her views loom large in the coverage of the game. I'm not sure that the discussion should be kicked to P&R, in these cases.

Yeah, but a thread can be made at P&R for that discussion. As it stands, I don't see a lot of people concerned about her involvement, just a bunch of people concerned that some people might be concerned. And that has very little to do with the game itself.

I agree to a point, but I think it's normal for conversations to digress to some degree. I think when the publisher is giving a mealy-mouthed minimisation of the creator's involvement, and well-known gaming sites are denouncing her, then saying whether we find the controversy justified or ridiculous is within the realm of legitimate comment.

Have a day off, "mercy".

The point is that Rowling is not the sort of bigoted twat you admire.

I don't admire Rowling, but I liked how the directors made a short hack & slash work of her books with the Harry Potter movies. As directors always do. I have to respect Rowling, because she is a self-made woman. I like her decision / having a gall of going against the Main-Stream-Media. I'll never read her TS-killer book or (TV) movie made from it. I just like anytime anywhere, when The Establishment is mocked. If a well hated public figure would do same, I'd like it for above reasons.

Unfortunately the Irish were right:
Molly: n, pl -lies, informal Irish, an effeminate, weak, or cowardly boy or man
Playing Molly and seeing so many youth destroying themselves with this transgender transformation trap is a well thought-out plan by The Establishment to damage the values of strong traditional youth in our society. I think Rowling realized that, since some pointed out here her books are mainly targeted for teenagers. Crowds are much easier to control, when weakened mentally and the TS-trap is just one tool in the hands of an Orwellian State. I think, Rowling in this scandal is playing the responsible adult for protecting her audience - teenagers - to stay true to the old family values, to the conservative path so they can become strong & responsible fathers and mothers, not some twisted - by MSM + State Establishment - mind-programmed, willy-nilly, effeminate weak humanoids, who are incapable of planning to determine their fate and put up a fight against The State, because mentally they have been turned into jelly.

Yeah, no need to elaborate with all that bollocks. I think we've all got your number.

I haven't followed the whole Potter issues, don't really care, beyond knowing it exists.

I do find it interesting how many here like to slam minorities in general which is always easy to do when your one of the clueless majority folks who wouldn't know oppression or what it is like to be in a minority if it kicked them in the face. Typical behavior from those who simply don't get it as being in the majority means they lack the experience to get their tiny minds around it.

At this point you have to just sit back and laugh at all the idiots.

Just who are you calling out?

I'm sure 15 year old fangirls also enjoy listening to Justin Bieber and will defend how his songs got more mature as he aged. It's still garbage music for a low intellectually demanding audience.

Still, nothing wrong with liking garbage stuff. It sells for a reason. Like McDonalds sells millions more burgers than real good burger restaurants. It's just a shame that the reason for stuff sells more usually isn't the quality of it.

So snarky passive aggressive passes for intellectual now, interesting. You didn't like it, move on. No need to put out your crap as somehow showing you have some superiority.

Back
Top Bottom