Wildermyth - Early Access Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Happy Gamer checked out Wyldermyth:

Review: Wildermyth Early Access Is A Character-Based Generated RPG Where Anything Is Possible

Typically, procedurally created worlds are used for dungeon crawlers and Roguelikes. Moreover, there's always been the need to apply the design essence into another genre. Like Wildermyth, players are immersed in a procedurally generated RPG, characters, story, and the entire thing.

This game comes with a lot of promises; however, it's still early access, so it's not easy to tell if it was a worthy experiment or not, or whether it could inspire future games or the early stages of a masterpiece being crafted.

Story-line
The story of Wildermyth starts with three young farmers who answer the call of destiny when enemy forces attack their village. As with every typical fantasy, one becomes a strong warrior, one an agile, and one becomes a mystical warlock.

[...]
More information.

This is a cool game....it really feels like you are playing with a dm and he is making things up as he goes. It's a pretty simple game, has a really cool concept of infusing objects to use as spell attacks....I really like it so far, only played a couple hours, but it seems to use a lot of cool ideas.

No one else try this?

I bought it in the summer sale, it looks really cool to me, and the reviews are great. It beat out Urtuk. However, I will wait to play it until it exits early access.

I bought it in the summer sale, it looks really cool to me, and the reviews are great. It beat out Urtuk. However, I will wait to play it until it exits early access.

I only played about a couple of hours but it was interesting how my characters changed one guy got wings and something in his eye...another some powers....it changes the way it plays out.

I only played about a couple of hours but it was interesting how my characters changed one guy got wings and something in his eye…another some powers….it changes the way it plays out.
So, what's your opinion 4 months later? Seemed like an interesting game, but there's just not much talk about it to be found.

There was a glowing early access article on Rock Paper Shotgun (I think) awhile back which got me to try the EA version. I didn't like it quite as much as the reviewer, but I still thought it had promise and some interesting ideas. It was still a little rough at the time but I'll be curious to see how it turns out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom