Orb & Oracle ... dead & Gone?

txa1265

SasqWatch
The game recently disappeared off of Dreamcatcher's web site as 'coming soon', and this weekend the 'Official Forums' are now gone. Guess the 'highly anticipated' follow up to the 'million selling' Dungeon Lords is not going to happen.

If a tree falls....

See, there IS a God!!

LOL y'all thought DL was that bad?

I thought it was ok fun, for a bargain bin title. Then again, I bought it off the bargain bin, along with the Witcher, for $20. Never could get Witcher to work, across two computers though.

LOL y'all thought DL was that bad?

I thought it was ok fun, for a bargain bin title. Then again, I bought it off the bargain bin, along with the Witcher, for $20. Never could get Witcher to work, across two computers though.
Most of them are very bitter old men who bought the original extra crappy and buggy version of Dungeon Lords. To add insult to injury the only "fully complete" and "patched" version was re-released as the collector's edition.

Like you(I assume), I happened to pick up the collector's edition MUCH later and at a bargain price and had fun with it. It had some good ideas, but was just never really finished neither contentwise nor mechanicswise.

I have spent tens of thousands of words on Dungeon Lords here and at other sites ... and while highly critical, I admittedly enjoyed it more than I think I should have. I have played multiple times and will likely play again this year depending on schedule.

But there was *so* much crap around the pre-release, release and patching, not to mention outright lies and subterfuge by the devs and publishers, that I don't begrudge someone like Dhruin who has a still-standing boycott of Dreamcatcher.

Back
Top Bottom