RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Best RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here they are. No real surprises I think.

Pillars of Eternity? I'm dissapointed in you, Watch. :movingon:

Also, you should post the %. I'm curious on how people voted.

I'm surprise by Underrail being that high. It released on December 18th, I didn't think that many people played it yet.

I'm surprise by Underrail being that high. It released on December 18th, I didn't think that many people played it yet.

Many (like me) played the early access version of the game.

Nothing wrong with Pillars of Eternity as it was my second choice on both polls.;)

Glad to see Witcher III won also as I was worried Underrail, or Age of Decadence would win based on the amount of replies picking both on the voting thread this month.

The top 10 is a good list of RPGs - all can be recommended.
Pillars is a bit too high for my taste, but that's democracy :)

Yeah no surprises there really. I didn't really enjoy the Witcher myself, but there's no doubt that it's a quality game and a lot of folk here loved it, so fair enough with it getting the top slot. Let's hope 2016 is also a well contested year!

Different tastes brought it, I don't see why should Codex be "disappointed" in anything, you won't see me objecting on anything there.
Let's hope 2016 is also a well contested year!
2016. will be the year of sci fi.

Yes, and?

OK, Just to determine the percentage of your disappointment :)
1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 34,2%
2 Pillars of Eternity 21,2%
3 Fallout 4 10,0%
4 Underrail 6,7%
5 Age of Decadence 6,4%
6 Shadowrun: Hong Kong 4,3%
7 Legends of Eisenwald 2,1%
8 Undertale 1,4%
9 Serpent in the Staglands 1,2%
10 Blackguards 2 1,1%

No big surprises imo. I agree with TW3 being #1. Not sure about PoE being that high though.

No complaints though. 2015 was a great year imo.

Eh, surprised that Witcher won it here.
Aside from joxer, jdr, zahratustra, yours truly and perhaps Toff, not many liked it here, from what I've seen.
Since the above mentioned company is considered among the most intelligent and sophisticated people on watch, it's good to see us carry some weight around here. :p

Edit: Honorable mentions: Maylander, Celtic, Couch and Falksi. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for the survey and the results!

The rankings are not really a surprise to me, with the exception of Age of Decadence. I'll have to take another look at that one. I still like PoE and think it deserves a high ranking.

A very good year, all around. Those games will be played for the next decade I think.

Ha! This is where I get to crow about predicting which games would be in the top 3 (though maybe in the wrong order for no.2, 3 slot). So...

:bow: :boogie: :bow:

Nice to see Serpents make it onto the list, albeit at a shockingly low percentage. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I thought it was the most RPG game of 2015. Just every element in the right balance.

Here's to 2016 :party:

Underrail, Eisenwald, and Serpents all there, good news. Pillars and Fallout both about 30 slots higher than I'd put them, tbh. Still gotta try Witcher one of these days.

Eh, surprised that Witcher won it here.
Aside from joxer, jdr, zahratustra, yours truly and perhaps Toff, not many liked it here, from what I've seen.
Since the above mentioned company is considered among the most intelligent and sophisticated people on watch, it's good to see us carry some weight around here. :p

Tsk tsk, you've just revealed that you didn't read my review of it!

Edit: Here it is. Probably the only game in quite a few years I've given a full score.
http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/the-witcher-3-review-324.html

At any rate, I feel 2015 was a terrific year for RPGs, with several titles that each could have won in some of the rather dry years we've been through. As for the actual order, I voted in roughly the same order as a lot of readers it seems, but that doesn't really mean much at this point: There should be something for everyone on that list, and that's what really counts.

OK, Just to determine the percentage of your disappointment :)
Thanks, I'm 32,3% dissapointed.

Also puzzled by the few votes for Undertale. It might happen that it gets more appreciation on the Codex's GOTY Award than here, which isn't really what I expected. Guess you guys hate anime-related games even more. :p

No big surprises except undertale.

Undertale over bloodborne made me vomit a little. I am seriously losing touch here.

Back
Top Bottom