Trese Brothers Games - Cyber Knight is Coming

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Cyber Knight: Flashpoint is a turn-based squad tactics game coming to Kickstarter February 2020.

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is a turn-based squad tactics game
set in the dystopian cyberpunk future of 2231.

• Gridless tactical combat
  • Multi-layered character and load out customization
  • Hack, sneak and battle through complex heist-like missions
  • Cutting cyberpunk story of human drama
  • Build a team, risk it all
  • Coming to KickStarter in February 2020
More information.

These guys always deliver and release new content for years on every game

images

I love and hate their games (haven't played Startraders: Frontiers yet though) mostly because of the skill and loot systems (and the endless enemy respawns in Templars).

I hope they will reworks some of their older systems for the new game and I am likely to back.

I really wish they'd finally ditch the mobile platforms and focus on making a good PC game. I guess someone must be buying their games on mobile but I feel like it's definitely holding them back from their full potential.

sold

the work they do with their games, with constant updates over years deserves to be compensated

star traders is around 200 updates to this point

day 1

So they brought us the Heroes of Keel, which began funny then keeled over fast into Oblivion Boredom. Then they brought us Templar Cattleforce, which was utter boredom and bad UI.
Then they brought us Star Traders, which was more enjoyable than their previous games with that unmistakable Excel-sheet workplace-feeling..
Now they gained enough money on Steam to risk hiring expensive artists to create 3D environments for them to create a Shadowrun-style risky endeavour. Shows all their revenue is not enough to develop this new one and they wish to FEEL OUT the public with a KS campaign to at least not lose all their money, which they WILL LOSE, once the KS coughs up just enough and then they'll have to finance their newest folly.

Tsk..tsk..tsk..

I've not played Star Traders yet, as the updates still seem to be coming for that one, but the other two games of theirs that I own have brought me weeks of entertainment, so I'll likely keep buying their products.

I admire what they're doing in terms of two brothers making a living producing small indy TB games. That said, I've tried a couple of their games and just found them lacking for me ... not certain what it is exactly. They feel a bit shallow and their mobile roots don't help.

I played Cyber Knight on Android.

It's reminiscent of the old Shadowrun, I like it's 4-character party/squad, doing missions as runners; even in all its simplicity, I just dig its sandbox feeling, even with ultra-minimum graphics and sounds.

Hopefully this one will go great, Trese Bros got great community engagement and super-fast responses with regular patches and updates on Star Traders: Frontiers.

Back
Top Bottom