Cyberpunk 2077 - Interview @ OnMFST

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted an interview with CD PROJEKT Red's John Mamais:

Interview: CD PROJEKT Red's John Mamais talks Cyberpunk 2077's creation, VR, DLC, Nintendo Switch, and more

I recently sat down with CD PROJEKT Red's John Mamais to talk about the studio's highly-anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 video game which is due out later this year on Xbox One, PC, and PS4.

We talked about the creation of the futuristic world in which the game is set, cyberpunk inspirations, possible third-person perspectives, immersive sound design, censorship issues in Australia, and the potential (or lack thereof) for a Cyberpunk 2077 release on Nintendo Switch and a VR version.

When did development on Cyberpunk 2077 start exactly? It's been planned for a while now.

We had a team going when we were working on The Witcher 3 actually. We built two teams to do the two games in parallel then we cannibalised the second team to come back and work on Witcher 3 before putting everyone on this project.

So Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for a while then?

Yeah, for a little while. In pre-production. We had about 75 guys working on it at that time.

[...]
More information.

When did development on Cyberpunk 2077 start exactly? It's been planned for a while now.

We had a team going when we were working on The Witcher 3 actually. We built two teams to do the two games in parallel then we cannibalised the second team to come back and work on Witcher 3 before putting everyone on this project.

So Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for a while then?

Yeah, for a little while. In pre-production. We had about 75 guys working on it at that time.
Yep and seven going on eight years later it's still not finished.:p

We should have a vote on that. ;)

Biggest Flop of the decade this game will be..
but of which decade?

I think the game will certainly be a dissappointment for most regardless of whether it is actually good. The hype is just too much.

but of which decade?

I think the game will certainly be a dissappointment for most regardless of whether it is actually good. The hype is just too much.

Only if you buy in to it. It’s first person cyberpunk so my expectation are appropriately low for my tastes.

How do the cutscenes work with the custom characters? I’m guessing with them all being in first-person, there’s not too many challenges.

Yeah, I don’t think there are any third-person cutscenes in the game as far as I know. There might be some at the beginning and at the end but I’m not sure on that.

What’s the point of making your character’s appearance then? Wasn’t they’re 3rd person cutscenes in the trailer or demo that they released with the female V?

Back
Top Bottom