InXile Entertainment - Fargo on Crowdsourcing in the future

Is there a way to dig deeper? Is there a way to see whether the low end backers, with their higher numbers, donated more to the project than the over $100 backers?

Just go to the kickstarter and look.

For project Eternity it shows:

25000 pledged $20 or more
20921 pledged $25 or more
…etc…

BTW, just the above two dwarf all the big contributions.

I agree with your point of view - many people pay the minimum $20-30 for bare digital download, but the real drive for Kickstarter campaigns are all those people who shell out/maximize their credit cards $50-10,000…. I myself paid $55 for Wasteland and $70 for Eternity and I usually buy games from gog.com or GOTY versions when they are below $50… I view Kickstarter as a platform that can make creators and mine dreams come true, but apparently some people started to view it as "easy money" - a place where people just throw money at you - i.e. Old School RPG/ SHAKER Project and other less important projects…
But on the other hand Brian Fargo has a point as well - if his ideas for the sequel are not going to be accepted by the community than it is better for everyone involved not to make the game at all…

I've pledged (bought) like 10 kickstarters already, but all of them I've paid between $15 and $20 each, where instead I would have paid probably $40-50 on the normal release games, so actually I'm paying a lot less with kickstarter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom