The Outer Worlds 2 - Announcement Teaser Trailer

Those are fighting words Tyranny was good but it wasn't their best RPG. As for reviews online I don't really care, as like movies I enjoy what others hate sometimes.

Like JDR I'm starting to think a lot of mainstream buyers simply like shit games.

As for reviews online I don't really care, as like movies I enjoy what others hate sometimes.

Like JDR I'm starting to think a lot of mainstream buyers simply like shit games.

This was just a quantitative way to show how wrong this statement is.

I would agree with you that mainstream games are shit. But in the case of KotR 2 vs Tyranny I am comparing two niche games. One is a classic and the other is not (and probably will never be).

My wish is after the first KotR gets a remake they negotiate with Obsidian to work on KotR 2. As much as i love playing those classics they need a lick of new paint nowadays.

This was just a quantitative way to show how wrong this statement is.

I would agree with you that mainstream games are shit. But in the case of KotR 2 vs Tyranny I am comparing two niche games. One is a classic and the other is not (and probably will never be).

As much as I love KotOR 2 - it is no classic. Hell, 90% of the gaming demographic only remembers part 1. KotOR 2 is a lot like F:NV. It is great, but the mainstream only saw "Is it a DLC or what?". It sold a lot worse than Bioware's game.

Reasons: Too short dev cycle, budget too small, engine outdated, bugs, technically sloppy and a cliffhanger ending with no resolution.

I think main problem of Obsidian is that they never really knew what they want. They made their name in niche cRPG segment, yet they were always so surprised that their attempts to make it compelling to mainstream never worked. And that stellar PR when they called their niche fans grognards and still failed to attract mainstream customers.

I wish them to finally manage what they always wanted, under MS. Hopefully they will not get bored by developing mainstream games as I get bored by playing them. For me, Outer Worlds was first Obsidian game I didnt even try. Well, good luck there.

Yep, a really good trailer. Breaking the 4th wall here is a good choice. Don't like it in a game itself.

Unlike some in this thread I loved the first game.
Did not buy DLC and won't, wrote many times this setting has so much potential to spawn a proper sequel instead of whatnot milking schemes.
When it's out, I'm buying.

At least they finally admit the majority of these trailers are useless trash.

I loved the Outer Worlds 1, so looking forward to this one!

I thoroughly enjoyed the first game. Also, I really liked the scale of it... I don't need every game to have a big, open world to explore where you can lose yourself for a 100 hours. I felt the size and pacing of the first game was handled really well.

I was a little let down by the reduced scope of the Outer Worlds compared to the big old games of yore. But ... I finished it, unlike any of those 60-hour games in the last several years.

Truth is, a game of this size is more my speed these days.

lol Hell no. Please compare the review score of Tyranny with F:NV and KotR 2.

Fair enough, in that I was really only thinking of their modern isometric party-based RPGs. Review scores aside, yeah, I liked F:NV a lot, but Tyranny was such a great concept and was really well executed. My only gripe with it was that I think it would have benefited greatly with a turn-based option.

In any case, there are plenty of great games to go around for everyone. I'm personally most excited for Pathfinder WoTR and will probably continue to give Outer Worlds a miss until I see the complete version out there for real cheap.

I think main problem of Obsidian is that they never really knew what they want. They made their name in niche cRPG segment, yet they were always so surprised that their attempts to make it compelling to mainstream never worked. And that stellar PR when they called their niche fans grognards and still failed to attract mainstream customers.

I wish them to finally manage what they always wanted, under MS. Hopefully they will not get bored by developing mainstream games as I get bored by playing them. For me, Outer Worlds was first Obsidian game I didnt even try. Well, good luck there.

So if you didn't even try it how do you know its bad?

So if you didn't even try it how do you know its bad?

I cant try every game out there, so I have to filter it according to my preferences. This game didnt get through that filter. Not a big deal, its just that I realised its first their game I dont care about at all.

I'm also playing Tyranny right now, and although I haven't finished yet, it has been an enjoyable experience so far. Not sure where it would rank for me, but I do like its originality.

As for Outer Worlds, it should've been right up my alley, but it didn't really click. So I'm not that enthusiastic for Outer Worlds 2. I definitly would like to see more first.

Back
Top Bottom