Underrail: Expedition - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Underrail: Expedition expansion for Underrail, has been released.

This DLC expands the base campaign with many new waterway maps that connect various harbors of the Underrail as well as adds huge new region called the Black Sea, a massive underground body of water. Take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to this infamous place. There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you'll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Key features:

• A brand-new story line that becomes available during the mid-game, which you can play your own way as no decision or hostile action will lock you out of completing it
  • Nearly 200 new areas to explore of various types - shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
  • Many new wild creatures and a couple of new crazy robots to combat
  • 15 different jet skis, ranging from the puny "junk jet" up to the dreaded "Devastator", that you can use to get around the Black sea and outmaneuver or obliterate your naval foes; upgrade your ride by purchasing more powerful vehicle parts
  • Three new distinct weapon types - shotguns, swords and spears allowing for a number of new play styles
  • Many new items, some obtained through crafting and some found in the world
  • New psionic skill, Temporal Manipulation, that focuses on delayed damage and utility
  • Specialization points that are obtained on each level past level 15 that allow you to further improve your feats
  • Leveling past level 25 and up to level 30 with a special pool of feats to choose from
  • Over 30 new regular feats
Thanks porcozaur.

More information.

Purchased, cheaper than I thought it was going to be:)

I loved Underrail, but as usual, if you're going to work on new content, make it standalone content, I'm no longer committed to your old game and I'm not going to start it over years later to play a DLC.

One day devs will learn how to sell stuff.

I loved Underrail, but as usual, if you're going to work on new content, make it standalone content, I'm no longer committed to your old game and I'm not going to start it over years later to play a DLC.

Well, I feel different. The DLC is just the excuse I need to start a new run of the game, it's good enough to warrant a replay.

I'm not much for replays, myself. I'd generally prefer a separate expansion, or the type that can work both in-game or after.

Are we ever going to see Underrail on a non-windows platform?

It's a good excuse for me to actually play the game like I always meant to. Downloading them both now.

Glad to see you can choose game speed now, dont think it was back when i played it 4 years ago.

I was playing Neverwinter Nights 2 yesterday. Did a Keep on the Borderlands campaign. Had more fun with NWN2 than most games released in the last 10 years.

I can't wait to start a new campaign in Underrail.

Brace for the patches!
I played the beginning years ago. Not sure about a restart, but hey, we have to support the gaming industry otherwise such games will never come out! So this is an Obligatory Pay & Play!

Already learned in this case, there's an interview with the developer up on the Codex. Quoting from part of it (and my bolding):
Q: Why did you choose to develop a mid-game instead of post-game expansion? Was it hard to balance it with the content of the base game (ie, ensuring players don't end up with overpowered characters in the endgame)?

A: It was probably a mistake. If we just made Expedition as a separate stand-alone campaign, I think we could have made it even bigger and saved up a year of development or so. We'd also be free from a lot of lacklustre design and mechanical constraints that are a result of having to keep the entire game world consistent. Aside from improving the difficulty spectrum during the development of the expansion itself, we didn't really do any balancing in that regard, so it wasn't hard at all. We might, at some point, go back to DC and up the challenge there for the playthroughs that went through the DLC. It will be development time well spent, since it's everyone's favourite part of the game.

If I have yet to play the base game (damnable backlog!), do ya'll recommend to play with this expansion or not?

Day 1 purchase. And I *never* do that.

There's a discount if you buy them together right now, 20% I think?

If you're going in fresh, I would play with the expansion - absolutely. New weapons, feats, mechanic changes. Even before you touch the expansion zones.

Underrail is a game you either love or hate. Knowing WHAT kind of game it is before going in is very important. Everything is window dressing for character building and the moment to moment turn based combat. There is no hand holding, if anything your hand will be shot off. But if you're in the mood to tackle something like that, it's great!

I got the expansion but haven't played it yet. Finishing up some other games. Anyone try some of the new content yet? People on Steam like it but not that many reviews yet.

Started the game from scratch since i dont remember shit from 2015. I didnt went to the dlc area yet, just got the quest from Core City; level 22 so far, having a blast with sniper+sneak. Want to reach the deep caverns first cause the faceless seem so fucking cool and want to learn some lore about them; after that will go to the dlc.

Want to reach the deep caverns first cause the faceless seem so fucking cool and want to learn some lore about them; after that will go to the dlc.

Aren't the Deep Caverns a point of no return? You might want to check before you go there.

I haven't reached the new zones yet, still trying out different builds to feel out which I want to take all the way through.

Yeah, Deep Caverns are the endgame zone and you can't come back out until they're cleared. The difficulty ramps up to the point of tedium for a lot of people too, so another reason to not jump in before seeing new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom