Siege of Dragonspear - Creator of Forgotten Realms Reacts - Page 8 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Siege of Dragonspear - Creator of Forgotten Realms Reacts

Default Siege of Dragonspear - Creator of Forgotten Realms Reacts

April 8th, 2016, 00:44
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
True enough, but Beamdog knew (or should have known) how the internet works. Such a stupid thing to do on their first real product.
Yeah, I agree. Despite not getting why some people were offended to such a ridiculous degree, I still find dialogue like that to be immersion breaking, and I'm glad Beamdog is removing it.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#141

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 28,047
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

April 8th, 2016, 00:45
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Why should anyone take any forum poster seriously? Games are trashed or praised for any number of reasons, legitimate or not, and posting doesn't require that you own the game, making forum posts an entirely meaningless metric.
Do people mass forum post with a particular agenda as often as they metabomb? No. Again, reviews. We're talking macro scale here.

Anyways, like I said. Mizhena is corpses. Right along with the bits about the developers begging for positive reviews, and then those positive reviews just being negative reviews of the negative reviewers (which makes this situation more laughable when you consider that the game was literally about five votes away from "Mostly Positive" because curiously enough despite the narrative, and despite the fact there are enough GG people I've personally seen alone they could have the game at single digit recommended percentages if they actually wanted that most of them are largely staying out of this. A few are actually talking, but many of the unhappy people aren't actually connected and in a few cases are specifically joining because they are met with immediate blind hostility. Oh and none of them really care about the Minsc line. They acknowledge what it was meant as - offensive but don't actually take much offense.
Celerity is offline

Celerity

Watcher

#142

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

April 8th, 2016, 07:39
Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
Do people mass forum post with a particular agenda as often as they metabomb?
Unfortunately, yes they do. Why, some people can hold grudges from years ago and take literally every opportunity to drop in their agenda to virtually any topic of discussion…

Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
Anyways, like I said. Mizhena is corpses. Right along with the bits about the developers begging for positive reviews, and then those positive reviews just being negative reviews of the negative reviewers (which makes this situation more laughable when you consider that the game was literally about five votes away from "Mostly Positive" because curiously enough despite the narrative, and despite the fact there are enough GG people I've personally seen alone they could have the game at single digit recommended percentages if they actually wanted that most of them are largely staying out of this. A few are actually talking, but many of the unhappy people aren't actually connected and in a few cases are specifically joining because they are met with immediate blind hostility. Oh and none of them really care about the Minsc line. They acknowledge what it was meant as - offensive but don't actually take much offense.
This is a class A ramble, it even lacks punctuation and what punctuation there is makes little sense. I have put some effort into reading it though, so, please, if there's a God, don't give me another post repeating everything because you actually think I want you to repeat the same shit over and over again. If you're quoting me then you're talking to me and most of the points I agree with in your post I've already stated, so I've no idea why you're telling me what I've already written. You think I need to be informed about what I already know?

At least with Metacritic one can hope that once someone's said their piece about a game then that's the last time you'll have to read their opinion on that game…
lackblogger is offline

lackblogger

lackblogger's Avatar
SasqWatch

#143

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,521
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

April 8th, 2016, 17:14
If it's true what the RPS review says then I really wonder what the fuss is all about. I wouldn't even have identified this "problem".
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#144

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Default 

April 8th, 2016, 17:55
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
If it's true what the RPS review says then I really wonder what the fuss is all about. I wouldn't even have identified this "problem".
I read that review, it is pretty fair in talking about good and bad sides of the game.

Although the game is ever better if you prefer combat of IE games over story because new Insane difficulty (and you turn off option that it gives bonus damage to enemies) is super cool and fun with all encounters being made tougher and enemy AI improved.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#145

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,817
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

April 9th, 2016, 02:25
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Unfortunately, yes they do. Why, some people can hold grudges from years ago and take literally every opportunity to drop in their agenda to virtually any topic of discussion…



This is a class A ramble, it even lacks punctuation and what punctuation there is makes little sense. I have put some effort into reading it though, so, please, if there's a God, don't give me another post repeating everything because you actually think I want you to repeat the same shit over and over again. If you're quoting me then you're talking to me and most of the points I agree with in your post I've already stated, so I've no idea why you're telling me what I've already written. You think I need to be informed about what I already know?

At least with Metacritic one can hope that once someone's said their piece about a game then that's the last time you'll have to read their opinion on that game…
Yes, I'm sure you thought you were very clever misrepresenting my position and complaints and then throwing it back at me. Of course, you naturally failed at reading comprehension, specifically the macro part. One poster complaining about… anything is not macro, and until hundreds of people register here saying the same shit as me your argument remains as invalid as ever. Not that it wasn't already invalidated by going grammer nazi…

Celerity is offline

Celerity

Watcher

#146

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

April 12th, 2016, 01:21
Originally Posted by Avantenor View Post
The only ridiculous thing is, an awkward straight character wouldn't have had such an impact.
This is the crux of it (or at least of one group of responses). The game is full of inadequately-sketched/poorly-written characters, alongside others that are good. In fact, it's absolutely routine for NPCs to be no more than sketches - hence 30+ years of "NPC" jokes, long before BG ever existed. It's fine to suggest that Beamdog could've handled the whole thing better, but let's call a spade a spade - it's also transphobic and small-minded to suggest that the only acceptable trans character is one with a rich backstory and extensive emotional context. After all, nobody demands that of all straight characters.

Trans people should be just as acceptable as cis people for background, insignificant roles - in other words, the "normal" social mise en scene represented by the NPCs in most RPGs. It's really not "tolerant" to believe that trans people are only acceptable if they're exceptional.

I know it's a fine balance to strike, and I'm not seeking to call anyone specific out. But the right answer is not for LGBT characters to only exist if they're fully-realized main characters. It's important for such characters to be able to constitute the social background, too.
suibhne is offline

suibhne

Watchdog

#147

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

April 12th, 2016, 12:19
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Why should anyone take any forum poster seriously? Games are trashed or praised for any number of reasons, legitimate or not, and posting doesn't require that you own the game, making forum posts an entirely meaningless metric.
Lololol this is becoming more and more funny and hilarious 😂

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk
veskoandroid is offline

veskoandroid

veskoandroid's Avatar
Traveler

#148

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Siege of Dragonspear - Creator of Forgotten Realms Reacts
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:18.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch