Path of Exile - Lots More Expansions Coming

That part is not a statement of opinion and gives a false impression of the game. It's utterly ridiculous to anyone who's spent any time going over build options or even just looking at what others are playing. You can play that way, but there are a million options that don't make passives the centerpiece, and a quick perusal of the forums will show that most players don't spend much time on builds like that.

That's a black hole of a caveat. You focus on 1% of the options and yeah, I guess you might be a bit limited in things to choose from.

I'm not giving a false impression of the game, I'm giving my impression of the game - based on my experience with it.

You assume I looked at 1% of the options based on what, exactly? I quite thoroughly explored 100% of my main class and 100% of the least unappealing secondary class I could find. If you think you can change that fact because other classes that don't appeal to me have other options, then you're very, very wrong :)

I typically spend a very significant amount of time investigating my build options - because I'm a big mechanics and min-max'er freak in games like this. But it's of no use if the core classes aren't appealing - or the few that are have little in the way of interesting active skills.

Now, the game might have a million options that appeal to YOU - but that wasn't the case for me.

Hence my impression of the game.

You shot yourself in the foot according to your own tastes. When you go to a restaurant and only order a bowl of ketchup, it makes your views on the larger offerings pretty worthless. You can have your opinions on a game, but when you purposefully limit yourself to options you aren't going to enjoy, you really shouldn't be surprised when you don't have a good time.

I'm afraid your analogy is flawed.

If I go to a restaurant and I can find a satisfying meal in a bowl of ketchup - that would be a good analogy, but that's not the case here.

I'm going to a restaurant called Grim Dawn - and I'm looking for a satisfying meal, but there's nothing on the menu that appeals to me all that much. So, I just go with the best I can find that will make me full.

It's not that complicated, really.

I don't need to eat ten courses of food I don't care for - only to satisfy the illusion that the restaurant is my kind of restaurant. That won't help at all.

First of all, only a single class appealed to me in Grim Dawn. Is that my fault? I don't know that it matters.

So, I picked that class and looked at the active skills available to it. What was it called, I forget. Nightblade, perhaps. Then I looked at all the secondary classes - and I failed to find any that really complemented the kind of build I was looking for. I can't even remember which I ended up picking for the secondary one, I just know I used very little from that class.

Absolutely zero combinations that appealed to me, that involved more than 2-3 active skills that were of any real use. Believe me, I looked through the skill trees many, many times - because I actually wanted to find something that appealed to me.

That's not a fabrication - that's a fact.

Does that mean the game won't have other classes or combinations available for other people? No.

Again, I'm talking about my impression of the game - based on my preferences.

What else can I do? You don't have to take it personally.

Once again, every single build that would appeal to ME - involved almost exclusively passive skills.

It's no different from Titan Quest, really - which had the exact same issue. It was alleviated somewhat after the expansion came out - because I remember that Dream-something class did complement the couple of interesting builds I found in the game.

No, I'm sorry - the game really does revolve around mostly passive skills that complement a handful of active skills.

That is MY impression of the game.

Same would be the case for a restaurant with a menu that didn't appeal much to me. Sure you might find all the courses interesting - but that doesn't really mean the "truth" is that they're interesting.

In that case, they're simply interesting to you and people who share similar tastes.

You're not one of those people who take offence when other people don't like what you like - are you?

Last edited:
Be careful you almost crit me with that post... I remember your walls of text were stuff of legend. Yup, this is definitely D'Art. :) :D

Back
Top Bottom