Bethesda E3 - Fallout Addons/Skyrim Remastered

You're wrong.
Hint: ESO.

I really doubt much of consequence will be changed for Skyrim; it will most likely just repackage the HD texture pack while updating the frontend for Bethesda.net architecture. ZZzzz.

Todd Howard said that they have upgraded the HD textures but he did not specify the amount of work that went into it. Did they just increase the resolution of a single flower or is it a more substantial upgrade? I guess we'll just have to wait and see but given the "price" of the upgrade I have very low expectations. It will probably just be a very minor improvement.

Skyrim re-mastered will be great for console owners just for the mods alone. From a PC perspective, I don't have much interest - already played the game with mods and great visuals.

Enderal uses around 40 % of the old textures - it also needs Skyrim, but as Skyrim HD is a seperate game from classic Skyrim it is no problem at all.

As for porting Enderal to Skyrim HD, I would not bet on it. Even if it would be possible (which is not given taking into account how Enderal uses its own skyrim.esm) the work required to let it run smoothly is in no relation to the gains.
Thanks!

Todd Howard said that they have upgraded the HD textures but he did not specify the amount of work that went into it. Did they just increase the resolution of a single flower or is it a more substantial upgrade? I guess we'll just have to wait and see but given the "price" of the upgrade I have very low expectations. It will probably just be a very minor improvement.

As far as the price, they've already said that it will be free for PC users if you bought all the dlc or the legendary edition (since the remaster also includes the dlc.) The optimist in me hopes that that gesture is them looking somewhat towards CDProjekt Red as a model for not being evil and all that.

The main reason for this remaster isn't PC, it's the new console generation. So I pretty much doubt they can afford to not do a significant graphical improvement over the original XBox / PS3 / PC version.
The second reason is enabling mods on console.

For PC-players it's just an added bonus for those who already played it to death. Those who didn't found it worth it up to now, still have no reason to bitch about this offer.

Howard has confirmed they are working on TES6:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/e3-2016-bethesda-is-working-on-the-elder-scrolls-6

But check this qoute, or this part of it:
"I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology. How long is that going to take?' So it is something that's going to take a lot of time, what he have in mind for that game".

About the tech, is it just me or could it sound like they are finally making a new engine?

That or bought the one from Rockstar, Ubi or CDpr.

It sounds like not done before tech rather than existing tech. But beware, this is the sort of stuff that changes….

Last edited:
When you think what they could do with their resources and the virtually guaranteed sales. There's a lot of exciting technology that hasn't really been harnessed yet, and they could build something truly cutting edge if they wanted to.

Last edited:
It sounds like not done before tech rather than existing tech. But beware, this the sort of stuff that changes….

Yeah I think part of Pete Heines whole "let's not really talk about Fallout 4 till it's done" marketing plan was reigning in that kind of over-promising. Like maybe he's learned how to wrangle Todd Howard?

As far as the price, they've already said that it will be free for PC users if you bought all the dlc or the legendary edition (since the remaster also includes the dlc.)

That's why I put "price" in quotes to illustrate that we should not expect overly much from a free upgrade :) .

I guess they'll do a Skyrim remaster everytime a new console generation comes out.

FUS ROO DAH!!!!

Dunno if I'd like to see a 4K, remastered giant spider fall from the ceiling and be all up in my face in VR. :p

I see they're following the Hollywood route of reselling existing media over and over in new forms. I'm sure it'll be accompanied by plastic toys, books, and other retail items.

Time to muster that remaster mister.

Any self-respecting Morrowind fan owes it to themselves to at least check out the Dragonborn DLC, which I thought was a reasonable effort.

Whilst the remaster by itself doesn't especially interest me (I need more than pretty graphics to make me go back to a game) I am tempted to check for mods to see if the player can finally join the Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion as a faction; a choice I thought should have been present in the original game, especially for elves.

Back
Top Bottom