Mass Effect: Andromeda - Access Trial

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN reports that Origin allows you to check out Mass Effect: Andromeda:

Mass Effect: Andromeda's Origin Access trial offers gated access to single-player, full multi

If you have Origin Access, you will get a ten-hour trail for Mass Effect: Andromeda. You’ll probably want to split that time between single-player and mutliplayer, though, as the single-player portion will be gated.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Said in another thread. Buy EA access, play MMO, earn boxes to win in singleplayer.
Disgusting pay2win practices.

Said in another thread. Buy EA access, play MMO, earn boxes to win in singleplayer.
Disgusting pay2win practices.

?????

You don't need EA access to play MEA MP.

MEA MP single player rewards is mostly resources used to build the Nexus and crafting. You are farming multiplayer instead of farming the single player....

It's not a turd but dog's poo, yea, I know.

Doublepost as we don't have a thread about ME news and EA is hyping the game on hourly basis with more (paid) interviews, (paid) podcasts, spamcasts and whatever.

If you want that freebie useless helmet skin, register on Andromeda Initiative and watch 6 videos (yea, 6th appeared yesterday):
https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub

Also a new video Nexus tour appeared on IGN.
Look at that still before playing it, it's new technology called eyeglare(TM)Bioware and means "we bang, okay":

You mean come pay Origin Access and grind lootboxes in MMO which are to guarantee a win in singleplayer?

Last edited:
You mean come pay Origin Access and grind lootboxes in MMO which are to guarantee a win in singleplayer?

But why would you pay for Origin Access that gives you a max of 10 hours when the game released 4 days later?

Also, I believe the MP missions that gives you "lootboxes" are also available via the single player Strike Team missions control (Strike Teams is kind MEA version of the DAI war table, but some of the missions are shared with MP missions).

I'm not talking about singleplayer's strike teams. I'm talking about EA making singleplayer being pwned by grinding in MMO.

10 hours only and not the whole campaign because I'm afraid the game can be finished in 10 hours like Titanfall 2. And they don't want it publically known before everyone preorders it.
I hope I'm wrong, I hope the campaign is epic and will take not less than 40 hours, I hope everyone will ditch their MMO, but it's just… Hope after being bitten by a snake.

I mean, there is still some hope:
http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/08/mas...ike-that-you-probably-shouldnt-play-the-game/
The idea is: you’ve got the freedom to make the choices you want, it has consequences and it builds your story. So you will replay only if you want a different story.

But won’t that be frustrating for people? If there are no obvious cues, and they get locked out of the outcomes they want to see.

Maybe, but if that frustrates you, you probably shouldn’t play the game. Because that’s exactly what it is about. There’s no way you’ll know all the possibilities and all the paths you can take.

Sure there is. There’s wikis and stuff. It’ll get online. We’ll all know soon enough.

Sure, maybe, after ages and ages. It’s funny you should say that. For the first time in my career – I’ve been doing games for 15 years – this is the first time in my career I haven’t played myself through all the possibilities in a game I’m going to release. Just because it’s too much – it’s too time consuming.

They can only be done once
Once? MMO grinding will drop boxes just once?
Excuse me but… What are you talking about? Where did you get that info? Or impression? Did you ever see a MMO that drops gambling boxes - once?

There's more.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a-access-trial-gives-gated-access-to-campaign

Tweet spam reply from EA PR to DiscoBabaloo:
On the 5th day of MP-mas, the MP dev team gave to you: a new feature in MEA - Missions. Your link between MP/SP. Play & get rewards in both.
Melo later clarified these were boxes of "random rewards"

Tweet spam reply from another EA PR to tibermoon in case this wasn't clear:
Send AI strike teams on these missions to earn SP rewards, or play them yourself in MP to earn both SP *and* MP rewards! :)

Random rewards. If it's random, and you're getting it only once, hell, ain't that even bigger scam than a slotmachine then?

What rambling? He's talking about so called Apex missions that you receive during story progression. These can be replayed only if you fail in multiplayer or your strike team fails. From these missions you get a reward only once when you or your strike team succeeds.

But you can play normal multiplayer (custom) match any time and earn as much lootboxes as you can. At least that's what I got impression is happening.
The problem is there is no screenshot of custom multiplayer match to check possible rewards, in Apex mission screenshots it's obvious (right side of the screen) what will your reward be:
andromeda_missions_screen.jpg

tumblr_omgt5qoxPB1uxwjj2o1_1280.jpg

EDIT:
One thing though, it's not about MMO lootboxes, but is worth knowing:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-how-to-skip-multiplayer-miss/1100-6448500/
In addition, there are some Strike Team missions that cannot be played in multiplayer. These cannot be retried if you fail, says Frazier.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood something from Bioware's social networks PR, but if I did, that is not my fault - if Bioware forum existed I'd have asked developers directly already.

Last edited:
Any one actually tried the early access and can comment on the game? I prefer to hear some facts rather than Joker's rambling.

Early access doesn't start until the 16th. There might be reviews/streams before that though, the "press and youtubers" already have the game.

Also, MEA MP will be playable at PAX East this weekend (March 10-12) and IGN First will post stuff every day until release (yesterday was the Nexus tour, today is visiting 3 of the planets).

Found something more:
http://bsn.boards.net/post/363255

I was edging towards not bothering with early access, seemed too much like coming to a nice meal with a couple small bites already taken out of it but this info...being able to choose which SP save to collect the rewards on...gonna spend most of early access in MP racking up SP rewards for a nice little bonus for SP on the 23rd
If I'm crazy, then I'm not alone who's crazy.

PAX East. Hum. Maybe I should walk over there ? Not that long of a walk - about 30 minutes; but suppose to be 20 degrees tomorrow. Hum. Do i need a pass or can i just walk in ?

PAX require an entrance ticket. I have no idea if you can buy them the same day.

BioWare info about their PAX presence. Reading that, they are doing two live online stream of the game on Friday.

It would be nice if someone with a GTX 980 playing this access trial in 1440p posted some experiences .

If it doesn't run well I consider upgrading to GTX 1080.

Back
Top Bottom