Din's Legacy - First Trailer

I have to say, Soldak always delivers a solid product, so I'm looking forward to this. Maybe not as a main game, but it should be fun for a few hours of entertainment.

I remember Din's Curse was pretty entertaining.

Volume of music and SFX dont fit very good. Too quiet / loud…
Hm its the same as always? I would like to see something new from him… a bit of a "Vogel desease"…
But i understand the conservative argument...

Last edited:
Yes there's a problem, but not only from the dev but also from the small fans bases, small but certainly important as this dev doesn't sell much.

Zombasite had certainly flaws but included a push to a Majesty/light sim aspect and clan management aspect, and a light 4X aspect. But fans dragged dev back to Din's Curse, and most ignored the new elements like playing solo and without clan or almost.

A reminder, dev games are all in the Diablo like area but with specificity, some rather unique aspects:
- Diablo like RTwP, yes with pause. And it's a lot more smooth than you could think.
- A lot more RNG variations in areas than in most games of the genre.
- Attempts to have additional dynamics aspect. For example in Din's Curse it was more the quests and the enemies groups and bosses, in Zombasite it's more your clan, and enemies clans and leaders.
- Cheap production level, don't expect more.

I've bought one or two, but I just don't get his style.

Zombasite had certainly flaws but included a push to a Majesty/light sim aspect and clan management aspect, and a light 4X aspect. But fans dragged dev back to Din's Curse, and most ignored the new elements like playing solo and without clan or almost.

Zombasite is my favourite Soldak game because of the clan management and diplomacy aspects. It made it so much more rich than being a solo player in a dungeon. It's a shame more people didn't like it.

This looks like an updated Din's Curse, so I hope the mutations aspect brings a new element to keep things interesting.

Back
Top Bottom